Allow adding multiple pieces from Game Piece Image definitions

I’ve created a bunch of pieces in the Game Piece Image Definition section like so:

However, I don’t see a way to load multiple pieces from my Game Piece Images into e.g. a scrollable list, only an external directory:

At the moment I can only add them one at a time. I would like to be able to select my GPI’s on this screen (and any other screen where you can add multiple pieces).

Load Multiple pieces only loads images from outside the module.

As a workaround, you can open the module with a zip utility and copy the images you have created out of the module internal external directories. You will then be able to use Load Multiple Pieces to create pieces using those exported images,

I thought about that, but was worried that would mean I had two copies of every image within the module. Plus, it’s a nuisance.

When I choose “Add Single Piece” it gives me a dropdown that includes all of the GPI’s. Is there a technical reason they can’t be chosen when adding multiple pieces? Is there a special directory name I could specify, like $gamePieceImageDirectory?

I thought about that, but was worried that would mean I had two copies of every image within the module.

No, that won’t happen, the exported images will overwrite the (identical) images already in the module.

When I choose “Add Single Piece” it gives me a dropdown that includes all of the GPI’s. Is there a technical reason they can’t be chosen when adding multiple pieces?

Yes, Adding multiple pieces id designed to load images from outside the module.

Is there a special directory name I could specify, like $gamePieceImageDirectory?

No.

You are welcome to add an enhancement request (Issues · vassalengine/vassal · GitHub), but it is unlikely to be addressed anytime soon.

Regards.

I put a request in: RFE: Allow load multiple pieces window to select Game Piece Layout images · Issue #12006 · vassalengine/vassal · GitHub :slight_smile: