(another) new user seeking help!

Hi folks

Sorry for cluttering up the forum with nooby questions, but I just found this site and it’s pretty hugely overwhelming, and some of the jargon is… well… jargon to me, so I can’t tell if what I’m looking for is staring me in the face.

I got TI3 a few months back, have played a few home-games with friends an love it. However we play many board games and tend to rotate them whenever we get together, so I did a bit of googling to find somewhere to play opponents remotely, and this seems like the place to be.

I wouldn’t mind GMing a game at some point, but to get a feel for this game engine, I’d just like to participate in a pbf/pbem game first. However I have a few questions:

Firstly, how do I actually play? Do all players need the software, or it is just the GM? Will there be some graphical representation of the board, or should I just keep notes etc?

Basically, I just need a quick how-to guide on joining and participating in a new game of TI. If there’s a thread with a guide or FAQ I’d be grateful if someone could link it for me.

I guess once I know that much I might have a few further questions on certain specifics.

Thanks in advance.

There’s a user guide here

vassalengine.org/mediawiki/i … rguide.pdf

This will probably answer most of your questions. If you have more or you need a clarification, let us know.

Perfect, that’s just what I needed, thanks.

Gonna give it a bash and see how far I get