Best PBEM Game for a Beginner?

So I am new to Vassal and strategy/wargames and was wondering what the best game to get started with would be? I have no experience so I am looking for something beginner-friendly and free. I have had my eye on Victory & Valor for some time and would love to have a go at it. I prefer something that is PBEM (have a pretty hectic schedule right now) and would be delighted if someone would be willing to do a 1v1 with me to show me the ropes. I appreciate any advice/guidance :slight_smile:

I would suggest Battle for Moscow as it is easy to learn. The attacker does all the retreats. This means that in PBEM as the game is 7 turns each player only has to send 7 emails so it is quick to play. It was designed as an introduction game, print and play and the rules are available on line. Having about 20 units a side and a small map means it does not take too long to make a move and there is not a long line of conflict.
A quick fast moving game.

Ah, yes! I forgot all about Battle for Moscow. I have seen it recommended before. I also remember that there is a browser based implementation of it with solitaire play. Would you want to start a quick game of it through e-mail? (Also not sure how that works so I would need a little guidance too if you’re willing)

I have sent you a private message.

Hmm, I’m not sure what is going on but after two days I still don’t have a message from you. I know I am a new user so maybe that is it, but at this point it’s a bit ridiculous…

Like you I do not know what is going on. It is a long time since I sent a PM. I have sent it again and it is in my outbox. Will you please send me a PM with your email address and see if that solves the problem.