Best Solitaire Games on Vassal?

Want to play solo games on Vassal. Any recommendations?

On Oct 21, 2008, at 12:18 PM, jhorner wrote:

Which solitaire games do you have?

IIRC there is a Mosby’s Raiders game.
There is also Silent War. And RAF.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

As the title says : Raid on St-Nazaire, the AH classic masterpiece

Carrier is also available. I just started to relearn that system myself as I remember how much I really enjoy that game though it does have a bit of a learning curve. I’m finding that while functional, the VASSAL module for it is lacking in a number of things so I may look to touch up on it at some point.

The tactical 19th century games (La Batalle, GBACW, NBS, etc.) work great if you use the command rules for activation of units and commanders.

And if you have a situation where you need some kind of die roll for what a commander does, make a simple d6 chart or Matrix Game argument to resolve it.

I’ve made a “Game Assist Tool” for Iwo Jima: Rage Against the Marines. It’ll play the Japanese for you. Still in testing but I think it’s fairly solid:

garykrockover.com/sample/RAM/

Thus spake “GJK”:

The link is dead.

J.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

I made an edit last night immediately after I posted, see garykrockover.com/sample/RAM/

Pandemic is available as a mod and it plays well as a solitaire game. In Pandemic, players cooperate with each other against the board game itself, so you can easily control 3 or 4 pawns yourself and try to beat the game. The idea is to use the unique abilities of each of your pawns o clear the board of diseases before they get out of hand. Trust me, it’s harder then it sounds :slight_smile: and very fun!

-v

Hello, wel, since the last answer was 6 years ago what would you say are the best solo games on Vassal.

Battle Platform Antilles is available.

• robinson crusoe
  • ghost stories
  • labyrinth: the war on terror solo

the second one also has an iOS iPad version, so you might prefer that. Robinson Crusoe gets the same treatment.

Mage Knight Board Game is the best in my opinion, but then I did make the module so I might be biased =)

Nobody has mentioned “The Hunters”. This is a solo game only. WWII german u-boat game. I play it all the time. I highly recomend it.

I’m fairly new to Vassel, but I play B-17 Queen of the Skies (the reason I downloaded Vassel as I play a few play by forum games of it per week and it saved from tear down and set up in my tiny house) and have been playing The Hunters, which is a very nice solo game.

“Space Hulk: Death Angel” has a very cool Sci-Fi feeling to it and is a wonderul game for solo-play but also with friends:

bggames01.blogspot.de/2011/01/sp … odule.html

hi , i m new on vassal

and my english speaking is not very good
i saw that you played mage knight

can you help me ?

i don’t understand how to play in solo

i saw the user guide for this game but … without success

Carrier is also available. I just started to relearn that system myself as I remember how much I really enjoy that game though it does have a bit of a learning curve. I’m finding that while functional, the VASSAL module for it is lacking in a number of things so I may look to touch up on it at some point.