Can't Seem To Access Modules

Hello anyone who can help?

First let me state that I’m generally pretty rubbish with computers - I first downloaded Vassal about two years ago and then never really got into it. However, I’m giving it another try as lots of people tell me I’m really missing out.

So…back in 2017 I downloaded the modules for Air and Armor and Flight Leader, and those are still in my ‘Module Library’ and work fine. However, I can’t seem to get any other modules?

I’ve tried downloading both Air Strike and 7th Fleet, but after they’ve completed they don’t show up in my Module Library and I can’t see any way to get them there.

I’ve downloaded the latest version of Vassal, and it’s running on an old Mac desktop, that uses OS X Yosemite, v 10.10.5, if that means anything to anyone.

If anyone can help, or point out where I’m going wrong, I’d be very grateful!

Thanks in advance,

Dan

You need to add the vmod files to your library manually. You can use File > Open Module and then browse to your Downloads directory. Once you’ve opened the vmod once this way, it should appear in the library from then on.

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately it still won’t appear in the library - it’s right there in the Downloads directory but I can’t get it to move to the Library.

I can’t figure out how I manually add it from the Downloads to the Library - it won’t move out of the Downloads. I must be doing something wrong…

really frustrating!

Open the Vassal library

Click File → Open Module

Browse to your download directory, select the module you want and click open.

Now that you’ve opened the module, it will remain listed in your library.

Keep in mind that your library is not a file folder …it’s just a listing of modules that you’ve opened in the past.