CC:E: Trouble importing BP 0 European Nations on Mac

I just installed VASSAL on my Mac laptop after having a bit of experience with it on my PC.

I’m having trouble importing the Battlepack 0 European Forces extension which contains the units and scenarios for the Mediterranean expansion. I didn’t have any trouble getting it to work on my PC, but it is giving me problems on my mac.

What downloaded was a zip file that extracts a folder and in the folder there is not a .vmdx file to drag into my CC:E extension folder. If I remember correctly I initially had this problem on my PC but simply changed the file extension of the zip file from .zip to .vmdx and this solved the problem. This hasn’t worked on my Mac and I am left scratching my head.

Any suggestions for how to fix this problem?

On the Mac, the default Archive utility (for unzipping files ) is very aggressive. What seems to happen with some modules/extensions when you double click them is, it unzips the zip file, and then it unzips any zip files it finds inside them.

So if the extension (which is itself a zip file) were packaged inside another zip file, the Archive utility would unzip and then unzip again. What you’d get at the end of this process is the ‘atomic components’ of the extension–probably a Build File, an Images folder, and possibly some other files.

Is that what you’re seeing? If so, try using StuffIt Expander to unzip the downloaded file instead of the OS X Archive utility.

That is exactly what happened. I’ll try using StuffIt on it when I get home from work.

Yep, that got the job done. Thanks for the suggestion.