Chat window cache flush

Also interested, as try as I might, I cannot get chat log updates before the end of a composite action, no matter what the duration of a Sleep().

I’ll see what I can do.
I have applied the Sleep(0) in two different processes, and I see your point about perceived speed as opposed to actual speed of execution. But in one of the procedures, where I just move two counters (clock hands on a clock, nothing is written to the chat window, but the speed increase is so great that you hardly notice a delay when Speed(0) is present.
I have built further upon this early success, and lost a little bit of the speed increase, but I’ll see if I can revert the changes and measure the speed difference with and without the Speed(0) command.
The actual code is spread over GKCs and a hidden counter, so I don¨t know how to show it here.

I have a personal theory that the speed increase comes from GKC’s that look for a single counter, and that the Speed(0) command makes it stop after finding this counter, instead of uselessly search for more.

Try not putting it at the end, but rather in the middle.

The theory is busted, and Sleep(0) does not increase speed. Brent is right, it is a psychological effect of seeing progress happen, instead of waiting for it to end. And there was in fact a message in the chat window that I had forgotten about.

Removing all Sleep(0) did not increase execution speed when timed with a stopwatch.

@marktb1961: you can take a look at my code if that helps. The module with the cache refreshes is still unpublished, but I expect to be able to upload it in about a week’s time. Or you can get a beta directly from me.