Couldn't save module. {0}

Hi guys,

This may be related to the null pointer problem discussed below, but I do not get any exception showing up in the console when this happens. Lately, when I try to edit, add an image to a component, and save, the editor allows me to save once, and then not a second time before giving me a dialog:

Couldn’t save module. {0}

If i turn up the trace volume to 5 (this one apparently does not go to “11” :slight_smile:

here is what i see:

Trace level set to 5: all… completed.
basic: Looking up resource: META-INF/services/javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory (attempt: 0)
basic: getResource: META-INF/services/javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory (check: true)
basic: Looking up resource: META-INF/services/org.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParserConfiguration (attempt: 0)
basic: getResource: META-INF/services/org.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParserConfiguration (check: true)
basic: Looking up resource: META-INF/services/javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory (attempt: 0)
basic: getResource: META-INF/services/javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory (check: true)
basic: Looking up resource: META-INF/services/javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory (attempt: 1)
basic: getResource: META-INF/services/javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory (check: true)
basic: Looking up resource: META-INF/services/javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory (attempt: 2)
basic: Looking up resource: META-INF/services/com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.dom.XSLTCDTMManager (attempt: 0)
basic: getResource: META-INF/services/com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.dom.XSLTCDTMManager (check: true)
basic: Looking up resource: META-INF/services/com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.dom.XSLTCDTMManager (attempt: 1)
basic: getResource: META-INF/services/com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.dom.XSLTCDTMManager (check: true)
basic: Looking up resource: META-INF/services/com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.dom.XSLTCDTMManager (attempt: 2)

I don’t even know if this is reporting an actual problem…

Now, this module is quite large (Axis Empires), so I am getting worried that it has a corrupted section of some sort or another. Is this something that is a known problem?

Also, as a side note, is there any utility that groks a mod and gives a report on resources that are either referred to but don’t exist in the mod (causing problems likely), or that exist in the mod, but are no longer referenced by anything in the mod?

Thanks!

Bruce Sears

Hi Bruce,

This is a known problem in Vassal 3.0.x and earlier that has (hopefully!) been addressed in the upcoming version 3.1

Regards,
Brent.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

YEah I get it a lot in the V40k module, it creates a temp folder, yet when you close the module it asks if you want to save the module, and it does it with no problem >_<

I am having the same problem. I’ve tried to load the module in 3.0, 3.1 and beta 2. None of these will save the module. I can open the module and it plays correctly, but I can’t add any changes to it or they will not get saved. I REALLY don’t want to start over again. Any ideas on recovring my mod file?

-v

We had hoped this problem had been fixed in the 3.1 betas. Can you please supply a link to your module and a description of a change that guarantees to cause the problem to happen.

Thanks,
Brent.

Messages mailing list

Thus spake “Brent Easton”:

I think it might have been fixed in the trunk since beta2. About two weeks
ago I systematically checked every single stream in the codebase to make
sure that it’s being closed when we’re finished with it.

In addition to pointing us to the offending module, and giving us a
description of how to reproduce the problem, please try the svn4007 build:

nomic.net/~uckelman/tmp/vassal/

If the problem happens for you there, then there should be something in
the errorLog pointing us to where it’s happening.

J.

Messages mailing list

Thanks guy. The 4007 build seems to be fine. Thanks for the help.

-v