Current build broken, Eclipse Windows 10

Just pulled down the latest set of updates and Map.java will not compile due to the following errors:

Description Resource Path Location Type The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for java.awt.dnd.DropTargetListener. Fix the build path then try building this project vassal Unknown Java Problem The type java.awt.dnd.DropTargetListener cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files Map.java /vassal/src/main/java/VASSAL/build/module line 1 Java Problem

Map.java has not actually changed. The other DropTarget related classes are fine, and I can ‘open Declaration’ to jump into the library source, but DropTargetListener fails. I have tried Maven → Project Update and cleaning the project to no effect. I have not changed any project specific settings.

If I open the JRE library in the Maven Dependencies, I can see the DropTargetListener class.

Eventually tried deleting my entire local installation and re-cloning and re-importing my fork, which is currently ‘even’ with vassalengine master. Problem persists

Also, In pom.xml, all references to Maven plugins are showing the warning

[code]Plugin could not be resolved. Ensure the plugin’s groupId, artifactId and version are present.

Additional information: Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin:3.0.0-M3 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin:jar:3.0.0-M3[/code]

Possibly it’s “rain dance” time – mine is currently building from very latest (pulled down after I saw this message).

I did an “mvn clean” from command line. Then in Eclipse did two “clean”'s of the project with a “refresh” from the project explorer in between. (Also: Fucking Eclipse)

Thus spake Brent Easton:

Just pulled down the latest set of updates and Map.java will not compile
due to the following errors:

I can confirm that I’m not having a problem building from the command
line. I think all of those problems are something specific to Eclipse.

J.

Thanks guys. A maven clean followed by an update fixed it. I am still getting all maven modules flagged as ‘could not be resolved’, but it did not seem to affect the build.

When are you seeing that? Nothing like that is (presently) happening for me.

The only “yucky” behavior I’m currently experiencing is when I’m switched to a PR/branch where it was before some of the maven stuff, and it will pop up a “build failed” dialog box when it comes to the checkstyle (because some of the checkstyle config doesn’t exist yet I guess). I’ve successfully corrected that when I’ve rebased the branch from the current master.

Are we going to convert the README to a README.md and include this image on top , like the other opensource projects?

And I guess you see now why I suggested to setup maven as a command line tool and not just using Eclipse’s bundled maven.

And I can only suggest to switch to IntelliJ, it’s the russian T-34 compared to Eclipse which is like the losers’ Panzer IV that is too slow, too expensive, and so heavy that every bridge breaks after one of them drives over it. The last time I tried Eclipse it complained about 1GB heap being too low and suggested I increase it, while IntelliJ runs lightning fast with the default -Xmx750m.

Well my “favorite” Russian tanks are the KV-1’s. :smiley:

Hmmm… where are you guys seeing maven (and pom.xml)? The only think I can find in the bugzilla is Joel saying, back in May 2015, that there’s no way he’s going to use maven.

Thus spake pixelpshr:

Hmmm… where are you guys seeing maven (and pom.xml)? The only think I
can find in the bugzilla is Joel saying, back in May 2015, that there’s
no way he’s going to use maven.

maven was worse then than it is now. I also didn’t have to construct the
pom.xml myself.

pom.xml is in the root directory on the master branch of the git repo.

J.

argh! I just found out that I’ve been working off of the wrong repo!

github.com/uckelman/vassal

is not the same as

github.com/vassalengine/vassal

Ouch! Well, come on in and join the party!

Thus spake pixelpshr:

argh! I just found out that I’ve been working off of the wrong repo!

github.com/uckelman/vassal[1]

Right, that’s my personal repo.

J.

Yeah, I’m not sure how I ended up there!