Dark Valley

Anyone willing to play The Dark Valley, PBEM. Russia or Germany, you choose.

I am game. I will try as Germans.

thanks.

Jeff

hi, are you still interesting play dark valley?

I am sorry that I have taken so long to respond, but I have only been able to respond at times when I was very tired.
If you have not grown terribly disgusted by having to wait for me to answer, then yes, I would. I just lately discovered that someone has put up the latest edition of the game recently, so that is good. Give me a couple of days to read the rules, but in the meantime let me know which side you want to play. Also, do wish to play a scenario or the campaign game. Myself, I would rather play the campaign, although it will take a while. I don’t mind that.
Hope to hear from you soon to let me know which side you want to play, and thank you for the invitation.

Cheers,
Frank

Oh, thx for reply :slight_smile: yeah. i will play dark valley. played only once. but it was so fun.

i prefer campain game. well… if you are fine, can i play as soviet?

and i also need to re-read rule :slight_smile:

vassal new version mean G02?

I am fine playing the Germans.
Yes, GO2 is the same as latest GMT version. I even went so far as to compare the physical map and some other components to the module to be sure. For the longest time they had only the previous version on Vassal. Someone has finally published the most recent, with latest edition rules.

As soon as I get through the rules, I will send you my setup and 1st move.

A bit about me. I am 69 and retired. Live in Louisville, Ky. Long time divorced, doubt I’ll ever marry again, not that I want to.
I like several periods of history but primarily I favor the Civil War and WWII. The Napoleonic era is also a favorite. My favorite game companies are GMT (I have never seen a GMT game that was not a good game), MMP and Compass. There are others I like but those are my favorites.

Talk soon,
Frank

Thx. anyway, i am live in s.korea. and maybe soviet place first. then german place second :slight_smile: so i need to send a file for you

i am live in s.korea. english is not my motherlanguage. so it’s bit hard for me to write long sentence :frowning:

well… i also like several board game. for example, “empire of the sun!” it’s so fun :).

i am also 65 and retired. even if i didn’t married.

ok. good luck & have fun. and i will send a file for you!

I’m sending this message to let you know that I just discovered that you would have to set up first and send me a file as you said, so I will be waiting.

Interesting that you are in S. Korea. I was in Korea in the 70’s; from '73 to '76. I was stationed at Camp Pelham near Munsan, and then transferred to Camp Page in Chun chon. I loved Korea, especially Chun chon. Such a nice town. I remember a place called Little Egypt near Chun chon by the river (lake?). It was sort of a coffee shop/restaurant. I used to like to go there with this lady friend I dated while at Chun chon. I think of her sometimes and wonder whatever she did with her life. She was a very nice girl and that’s who I should have married. I would probably still be married, but she owned a store and coffee shop, and I don’t think she would have been willing to leave Korea. I was planning a career in the army so I could not settle in Korea, so we were just ‘ships passing in the night.’ I never got a chance to go back to Korea, but I always wanted to. The army never saw fit to send me back, even though I requested it.

Well, I would like to chat more about my time in Korea, but it is late here, and I need to get to bed. I will be waiting for your setup file.

Cheers,
Frank

Here is my soviet setup. i don’t use vassal log because use log when placement is so boring.

if i make error play plz tell me :slight_smile: i try to read rule and play right but it’s so easy to make a error play :slight_smile:

Oh! are you ​usfk officer? great ! and i also like Chun chon. famous of Spicy Stir-fried Chicken.

to be honest, it’s bit hard to write sentence as english for me because i’m not very used in english.

anyway, i really like your story. hope you will have a chance to visit korea again. yeah. as we know. covid-19 prevent it :frowning:

it’s also late for me. so i need to sleep. now it’s your placement / german combat chit.

cya soon!

and plz tell me your e-mail adress. then i can send my setup file for you

Here is my soviet setup. i don’t use vassal log because use log when placement is so boring.

if i make error play plz tell me :slight_smile: i try to read rule and play right but it’s so easy to make a error play :slight_smile:

Oh! are you ​usfk officer? great ! and i also like Chun chon. famous of Spicy Stir-fried Chicken.

to be honest, it’s bit hard to write sentence as english for me because i’m not very used in english.

anyway, i really like your story. hope you will have a chance to visit korea again. yeah. as we know. covid-19 prevent it :frowning:

it’s also late for me. so i need to sleep. now it’s your placement / german combat chit.

cya soon!

and plz tell me your e-mail adress

(Attachment 001 Soviet setup.vsav is missing)

Moonspirit, Your file was missing from the last message. You will have to try and send again. Did you open the file when you started as a vlog? Then when you are done you close file, then send that file to me in email attachment.

My email is vikingvii@hotmail.com. I think you were emailing me through Vassal. If so, then I need you email address also.
I am concerned that you are not saving the vassal file correctly. I’m sure you know how to start a new game and to save your turn as a vlog, but I will give a quick explanation.

When you first open a game, you see a box open that says ‘New Session Beginning. Start new Logfile?’ In that box you click yes. A new window will pop up which will have the file where you move will be saved. I always make a new folder for every game I play and place that folder in the documents. Then when you finish your turn or turn phase look at the top of the game window and where it says File Tools Help, click file to open the drop-down list and click ‘End Logfile’. That will save your turn with the name you gave it. Then when you are ready to send it, go to the folder where that was saved click on the file name you want to send and put it in the email attachment. I’m sure you know how to do this, but I thought I would explain it just in case because I am worried about why the attachment file was missing in your last message to me. I hope it helped. If you already know all that I have explained, then I hope I didn’t make you feel like I was talking down to you.

I was not an officer with USFK. Just an enlisted man. But I was with USFK for three years. I have watched some YouTube videos about Korea and can see how much Korea has changed since I was there. When I was in Korea the only vehicles people would see were commercial trucks, busses, and taxi cabs. It seemed no one had their own cars. Everyone either walked, rode a bicycle, or a taxicab. Now, in the videos you don’t see any taxis. Everybody has a car.:rofl: Korea has become so modern and rich since I was there. It makes me proud. I wish I could afford to come to Korea and see how it has changed.

Hoping to receive your file soon.
Frank

Moonspirit. I’m still waiting for your file for Soviet setup. For some reason your file was missing from your last email.
Again, my email is vikingvii@hotmail.com
Hoping to hear from you.

Frank