DUNGEON TWISTER

Thus spake “Brent Easton”:

Can you explain to me why this happens when games are started from within
the Editor?

J.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

There are a variety of issues. These are a couple that come to mind:

• If you edit a Map component and save it, the Editor forces a re-initialisation of the Map to force it into a known state. If you have a game running, this blows your map away, even if it is the main map and has no button to make it reappear.

• Prototypes are cached somewhere (I think in the PieceSlot?), so that once you have pulled counters that reference a prototype, changes to that prototype will not be seen if you pull more of the same counters.

• Editing and changing toolbar buttons can cause strange behaviour in the layout of the Player toolbar.

• Module translation is not enabled in Editor mode.

Messages mailing list

Thus spake “Brent Easton”:

I believe I’ve even reported this one as a bug myself before. I wonder if
there’s a way we could get this to be better behaved?

It would be great if we could make edits pass through transparently to a
running game.

J.

Messages mailing list

Hi TOPO,

Could you please try the svn5166 version at nomic.net/~uckelman/tmp/vassal/? This contains all of our translation fixes to date and should solve the problems you raised.

Regards,
Brent.

Messages mailing list

HEY!! TWO THUMBS UP!!! I updated all the translatable text and everything works smoooooth… even the key command to send all boards to the eight initial positions. All translated and all doubleplusgood. As far as I can see the translation module works pretty fine right now (you’ll release a very handy feature there… now let´s hope I’m not the only one who uses it!). :laughing: :laughing:

I still have the same problem when I remove the button to show/hide the main map… vassal still crashes instead of showing the board in the main program window… something frakked up with the module but I can’t find what… :unamused:

Have you sent in a Bug report for this one? I don’t think I have seen anything like you describe.

B.

Messages mailing list

Yes, I sent a bug using the autoreport in vassal… and I put the log of this error (and talked about it) since the beginning of the post :smiley:

You can see it in any version of the DT module (this one for example: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y6FXI2MQ)
It is a Null pointer exception caused when you DONT include the toolbar button for the “MAIN MAP [map window]”. Probably something I erased at some point in the module. :frowning:

[size=167]More pain in the world of Dungeon Twister!![/size]

Yesterday I went to get the first expansion set, that is, palladins&dragons… that was an awesome buy as it was half price in my regular shop… the bad news are that I’ve had no ughking idea about the new rules… for example room 8, where there is a door in the border wall and the golem, who can break walls… even those between two boards! So I’ve had to rework the zones layout (leaving one pixel between zones to be able to put a door/wall marker in a zone without mistaking the position) and add commands to rotate doors in the new 20 border positions. That was not fun at all!!! many hours lost due my knowledge taking failure GRRRR! :angry:

The reworking in the zones doesn’t satisfy me anyway… I think I must leave at least 5 pixels between zones… so I can rework the background image and move the exit zones… or go with one of my first ideas… use a tiled board so I can create bigger boards for future expansions and scenarios and put exit zones as big pieces… so you can customize your very own board for almost ANY scenario…

FRAKKK!!! more things to do before the final release… By now I’m keeping it as is and going to put inside the paladins&dragons expansion.

Does this problem still happen with VASSAL 3.1.3?

Prior to 3.1.3, we sometimes didn’t get complete errorLogs with our bug reports—I think your original report was one of those. (Not your fault, it was due to a bug I corrected for 3.1.3.)