Error Exceeding Heap Size .... But ....

you can generally ignore the fact that your Map is made up of 4 Boards

Under what conditions does, generally, not apply?

I use multiple boards all the time and have no problems at all. But I can imagine if you have Zones with the same name on more than one board and try and use Send To Location to the Zone name, you will run into problems. Stuff like that.

Well, I’ll try. It’s late here, so it will have to be tomorrow. I can see I’m going to have big problems with a reporting hex grid when half a hex is on one board and the other on the next board. And I don’t understand how a counter can snap to the center of a hex that is split. This will all be foreign to me. Like I said, I’ve never built a multi-board module. I see only ongoing headaches ahead of me.

As I said in an earlier post, don’t split the maps through hex centers. There is no need to and no need for the 4 pieces to be the same size. Run the splits halfway between the hex centers and the hex edges and every hex will always be one map or the other with neat snapping. I’ve been through it all before.

I’ve tried this week to make your ideas work. Couldn’t do it. Since the design is for a playtest mod, I’m just going to leave the map without a grid.

Did you consider simply reducing the image resolution on the map?

I thought about it, but then I’d have to resize the counters to meet the map. That’s just extra work. For a playtest module it just isn’t necessary to have a reporting grid.