_ext doesnt work with mod for me (no maps)

Hi there!

I have a problem, I want to play vassal since 2 days and it is not working. I downloaded the DDM2.mod and the DDM2_ext.zip from this side:

vassalengine.org/community/i … page=Files

I unzipped the DDM2_ext.zip in the same folder where i put the DDM2.mod, but I cant see the maps, i really dont know why :frowning:

I tried the same with DDM_1-14-4.mod and DDM_1-14-4_ext, and here it works perfectly, although I didnt do anything different. I hope you can help me, thanks!

Ninyo

Extensions have to be stored in a folder named “modulename_ext” on the same level as the module itself.

Maybe one of the archives was packed with the required folder structure and the other one not.

If you ask me, this extension thing is not a good solution, because it is far from being obvious or intentional. It took me a long time to discover that, too, because it isn’t announced really good either.

This is one of the problem areas we addressed in v3.1, where extensions belonging to a module are displayed in the Module Manager. Additional Extensions are added to a module by right-clicking on the module (in th MM) and selecting the ‘Add Extension’ option. The MM takes care of putting the extensions into the correct directory. You can also disable/enable specific extensions from loading.

B.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

well :frowning:

As I said, it seems correctly, the way I did it with the “DDM_1-14-4.mod” and “DDM_1-14-4_ext”-folder works :frowning: In the “DDM_1-14-4_ext”-folder there are several zip files.

In the exactly same main folder I have is the “DDM2.mod” and the “DDM2_ext”-folder, which contains another zip file called “DDM2 Maps.zip”, and DDM2 is NOT working. I really dont understand :frowning: Maybe the DDM2_ext.zip on the downloadpage is somehow missing something? pls help!

Double check the following:-

In the same folder as DDM2.mod you have a folder named DDM2_ext.

Within the folder DDM2_ext you have a file named ‘DDM2 Maps.zip’.

Using Vassal 3.0.17, you ‘Play Module’ DDM2.mod and you get the following displayed in the Chat Window:

• Miniatures Skirmish Game version DDM2
  • Extension DDM2 Maps v0.0 loaded

Indicating that the Extension has loaded.

The first time I tried to do this, when I unzipped the DDM2_ext.zip archive, my unzip software created an extra level so I ended up with a DDM2_ext folder with another DDM2_ext folder inside it and finally inside that, the ‘DDM2 Maps.zip’ file. I had to move the ‘DDM2 Maps.zip’ file up one level to get it to work.

B.

Messages mailing list

check

check

check
!!! ahh maybe here is my fault. I always do “load module” to play, because when I use “play module” I am asked about an offline game, which is quite irritating. When I use “load module” I can conect to the server imidiatly.
When I use “play module” I get

• Miniatures Skirmish Game version DDM2
  • Extension DDM2 Maps v0.0 loaded

When I use “load module” I only get

• Miniatures Skirmish Game Version DDM2

Maybe thats the problem. “load module” always worked for 1-14-4 … I will check tomorrow, it is already 3 am here :frowning: Thanks for the help!

It is correct as it should be.

Load module is used to Edit Modules. When editing a module, no Extensions are loaded.

B.

Messages mailing list