generic marker image library

Hi All,

I would like to add some generic markers to some mods. Specifically I’d like circles with the letters a-z and digits 0-9 (those of you familiar with cyberboard may seen these in some cyberboard gameboxes). Are there already generic marker images like this available in an existing mod that I can steal^H^H^H^H^H use?

Thanks,

Bill

Hammer of the Scots and Crusader Rex have generic markers for the numbers 1 through 4 included. I’m not sure I’ve seen one with markers for all 26 letters, however.

Making a full set would be a pretty quick project with most graphics programs. Two free ones I use a lot are GIMP and Inkscape.

Those would be easy enough to do within Vassal by using Game Piece Image Definitions, too. Rectangles and ovals can be drawn on a base and you can either create text within the game piece layout or put a text label on as a property in the game piece.

Not to mention that circled digits are available in several Dingbats fonts.

And circled numbers and letters are available in Unicode: unicode.org/charts/nameslist/n_2460.html

Sorry it took so long to circle back around on this. Thanks for replies. I ended up porting KTX markers with text labels turned on from another module for what I wanted immediately, but I’ll keep these ideas in mind if I decide I really need the number and letter markers.

Thanks,

Bill