GREAT WAR IN EUROPE DELUXE SIMULTANEOUS PLAY

Playing as a PBEM is it possible to set up a game in such a way that the players can “play” on the same geographical boards at the same time? i,e The CP can carry out his moves on the West front map at the same time as the AP is preparing moves on the E Front map. It seems to me in this example the “moves” the other player was making would be overwitten when the logfile was uploaded.
The only way I can see to achieve simutaniety is to have two separate games running at the same time so that CP Player makes move on West Map ends logfile and sends to opponent. At same time AP player is making move on his E Front game and sends logfile to CP. Throughout the game the Fronts are played on different games. All help gratefully recd. :confused:

This is what the File->Load Continuation menu entry is for. It executes the moves in the logfile without wiping out the state of the game first. The CP and AP players can record their moves in logfiles normally. After stepping through his own moves, each player opens the other player’s logfile using Load Continuation and steps through them. Then one of them can save and start the next turn from the savefile.

rk

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

Thanks RK for such a prompt response. Certainly makes GWiE less cumbersome.

H

You need to be careful with this feature. I wouldn’t try any sort of experimentation like moving your opponent’s pieces on the other map etc. Communication is important with VASSAL, make sure your opponent is clear as to which pieces he should and should not be moving or things will get out of sync.

Your warning is noted

Thank you very much

True. This is why I recommend exchanging a savefile at the end of the turn and having both players continue from it. Otherwise, the players views of the game could drift apart.

rk

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)