Grognoob seeks Grognard - Shall we play a game?

Hi, all,

I have been wanting to get into War Gaming for quite some time but, of course, I don’t have any RL friends willing to play. Would anyone be willing to take me under their grognardian wing? Right now the only wargame I own is Maria but I’m VERY open to playing whatever you like.

As for other games I own that I’m into (to give you an idea of my tastes): Puerto Rico, Agricola, Dominant Species, and Targi.

Thanks in advance.

Adrian Astur Alvarez

So what war games do you want to try? I am an old-school Avalon Hill gamer, but am flexible to play just about anything. I also recommend looking at Columbia Games as well, Vassal has Quebec 1759 and War of 1812. Quebec is a simple little game to pick up, and plays in just under an hour.

Hi, there!

Since I have so little experience with war gaming I am really open to everything. I’m sure I will form tastes as I play different sorts of games. I would LOVE to play Quebec 1759. After looking at the reviews on Board Game Geek it seems like an excellent place to start. I’m free Sunday through Wednesdays and I’m located in PST. When would you like to play a game?

I am free on Sunday, US CST. Shoot me a pm. Quebec sounds good for an intro wargame. :slight_smile:

I sent you a PM with my email address. I’m available to play all day today (Sunday). Let me know what time you were thinking we’d play.

Ok, it looks like you’re in the room. I have ventrilio set up, but I don’t know what I’m doing. :frowning:

We played Ogre instead. Very fun, and I liked it. Adrian did as well, and it was a good intro to wargames, and we figured out how the Vassal thing works. :slight_smile:

Now that I have a copy of A Few Acres of Snow, I would like to give that a try. :slight_smile: