I can't join my game with the players on each side

So I read through the various faqs and tutorials and I have created my board and all the cards that will go on it. When I try to play the game online, both players will join the room and start a new game, choosing their respective sides. After this, both of the players end up on the same side. I have tried to make various shortcuts to make the game easier to control by looking at which side you are on to coordinate your commands with your side of the board, and none of these work without the correct sides being assigned to the correct players.

I have never used vassal or made a vassal module before, but I tried using the Summoner Wars module to see if I could get 2 players on 2 different sides and I can, so I don’t think it’s an error on the user end, I think it’s a problem with my module. I imagine I am just doing something stupid but I have spent a fair amount of time on this and I can’t seem to find the solution. Any help is appreciated :slight_smile:

Here is my module on google docs, I don’t know of a better way to link it.
drive.google.com/file/d/0B3c4Q_ … sp=sharing

Fozmonot,

Are both players logging in with the same user name and password? This would be one reason why they can’t be on two different sides.

Brian

Brian,

You nailed it. Thanks! One more step toward not being a vassal noob.