Image Deletion Woes

In Vassal 3.1.2 I’m building a module and experimented around with backgrounds for boards, which were added to the file.

I unzipped the file and deleted the offending files and then rezipped it and relabled it as a .mod file. It runs just fine except now every image from the game is no longer there. (They’re still in the module if you view it with a zip program though.)

The two I had attached to the board at startup report as " - Bad Data in Module: Image not found Draw.png" and such.

I’m using IZArc for zipping and unzipping but I don’t think that would matter. Any ideas what’s going on?

Thus spake “ABCoLD”:

It would help if you posted the module so we could see it.

J.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

The problem lies in the exact compression used by Vassal, I believe. Unzipping and immediately rezipping the file with IZArc causes the images to not load properly. (Probably due to IZArc having a more efficient way of compressing image files, I imagine.)

Unzipping, deleting and rezipping with Winzip 12.0 in ‘Legacy’ most compatible mode causes the resulting module to not be recognized at all.

Exploring the module with Winzip 12.0 and deleting the files from within the wizard actually seems to work! So, at least there’s a rough workaround.

Thus spake “ABCoLD”:

Please post the module somewhere, or email it to me. We developers can’t
investigate the problem without a copy of the module.

J.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Try storing the images uncompressed when you zip the file.

rk