Invisibility within a piece?

I have 2 step pieces, basic image: [attachment=1]S2 Tank-f.png[/attachment] & an alternate layer for when it takes a hit:[attachment=2]S2 Tank-b.png[/attachment] Some pieces are leaders, which which have a layer that marks them thusly: [attachment=0]S2 Tank-ldr.png[/attachment]
The thing is that the little radio symbol should only be visible to the owning side/player or when playing solitaire. Has anyone done anything like that before. How did you accomplish it?

Oh boy, so I don’t have an example off the top of my head but I can point you in the right direction. You don’t want to even touch the invisibility trait for this, what you’ll want to do is use a mask and multiple pieces. Like the radio symbol should be a separate piece which is made to always follow on top of the base piece, and needs to have a mask with the radio graphic that is set to the owning players side, thus letting them and only them see the radio symbol on the piece.

It’s a bit tricky, but I hope that explains the general idea of what you’ll have to do to get this to work.

Just move Invisible trait below of radio layer trait. :wink:

Take a look here [url]https://forum.vassalengine.org/t/trait-order-in-counters/126/1]