Irregular grid problem

I have a map I’m using as a card table. It has two decks set up on it for a draw pile and discard pile. I’ve then defined 6 regions in an irregular grid specifying the snap to defined point feature. When I draw a card from the draw pile and place it on each of the six regions the card snaps to the location on five of them but not the sixth. Trying to place a card on the sixth location causes the card to return to the draw pile or pop to one of the other defined regions. I assume it depends on which region the card is closer to when released.

Nothing I’ve done fixes this. I’ve deleted the problem region and re-defined it but it still doesn’t work. I’ve deleted three of the regions (including the problem region) only to have one of the three remaining regions no longer work when it worked fine before I deleted any of the regions. Anyone have any ideas? I’m starting to think the thing is bugged or I’m missing something obvious.

• Dell Dimension XPS 720
  • Vista
  • Processor, E6850, 3.0, 4MB, Core Duo
  • 4G Ram
  • NVidea 8800 GTX 768 MB
  • Vassal version 3.1.13
  • Java version 1.6.0
  • Vassal module D-Day at Omaha Beach version 1.0
  • Start the module. Start a new game. Open the card table. Try to drag a card to the East Sector German Fire Card location. The card snaps back to the draw pile. All other card loacations work.

Link for downloading module home.comcast.net/~anewage/downloads.htm

Thanks in advance for your reply.

I tried to reproduce this problem on an iMac running Snow Leopard and using vassal 3.1.13. It works fine for me.

Must be Winblows specific. Seeing the reported behavior. Trying to find cause now

To: messages@forums.vassalengine.org
Sent: Fri, February 19, 2010 10:08:08 AM
Subject: [Technical Support & Bugs]Re: Irregular grid problem

I tried to reproduce this problem on an iMac running Snow Leopard and using vassal 3.1.13. It works fine for me.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org (Messages@forums.vassalengine.org)
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

I can’t be certain to reason why but did fix
You added a Multi Zoned Grid then placed an Irregular Grid directly underneath it. Note that I have underlined “Zoned” - you dont have one.

When I add a Zone underneath Multi Zone Grid that covers just the card locations - excludes the decks and cut / paste your irregular grid into the new Zone works perfectly. Did not have to redefine regions or anything

So should have

Multi Zoned Grid
—Zone foo
------Irregular Grid
---------Region
---------Region
---------Region etc…

this way you can append i.e

Multi Zoned Grid
—Zone A
------Irregular Grid
---------Region
---------Region
---------Region etc…
—Zone B
------Regular Grid
---------Grid

etc…

This leads to suspect two possible causes.

1. A multi zone grid requires zones defined before adding grids (hence why its called a multi zoned grid) or
  2. Buildfile was corrupted with the positioning location somehow and needs rebuild

To: VASSAL Engine Forums Mailing List messages@forums.vassalengine.org
Sent: Fri, February 19, 2010 10:17:35 AM
Subject: Re: [Technical Support & Bugs]Re: Irregular grid problem

Must be Winblows specific. Seeing the reported behavior. Trying to find cause now

To: messages@forums.vassalengine.org
Sent: Fri, February 19, 2010 10:08:08 AM
Subject: [Technical Support & Bugs]Re: Irregular grid problem

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org (Messages@forums.vassalengine.org)
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

Thanks Tim, that fixed it for me as well. It makes sense after seeing what you did to fix it, make the zone then irregular grid the zone. I figured it would be something kind of basic I wasn’t seeing.