Keep track of all the hotkeys employed in a module?

Out of curiosity, how do folks keep track of all the hotkeys employed in a module? I am starting to worry about accidentally re-using a key I set up in an earlier design block.

flaney

Check out this thread here

[url]Introducing Vassal Module Analyzer - #4 by DrNostromo]

Unfortunately, where the link leads to it looks like this:

[attachment=0]Bild 1.png[/attachment]

Your right, there’s no download package. However, the project is there

http://vassal-module-analyzer.googlecode.com/svn%22/

it’s just not packaged up. I’ll send a note to the author about it.

I sent the developer a note. Hopefully, we’ll hear back.

In the meantime, I use a lot of automation in mods so trying to keep track of hot keys was a nightmare for me. I came up with a method to prevent problems. I have a text file that has a list of hot keys like…

ALT A
CTRL A
SHIFT A
ALT CTRL A
ALT SHIFT A
CTRL SHIFT A
ALT CTRL SHIFT A

ALT B
etc, etc

Every time I need a new hot key, I use the top one on the list and delete it from the text file. It’s a rather archaic method but it works and I don’t have to worry about repeating a hot key that may cause conflicts.

Also, is case you’re unaware of this, the upcoming 3.2 version of Vassal will allow the use of key words instead of hot keys so this will not longer be a problem.

Any more information about this Code tool? It would make organizing hotkeys much simplified.

Since it is gone from the link, are there any folks who had downloaded it in the past that still have it? Please post for the rest of us!

Thanks,

Flaney

I send a note to the person who made this tool and he said, “Instructions for how to run it should be on the forums.”

I just spent a half and hour trying to figure this out and I’m completely mystified.

Is it possible for someone to make a downloadable executable that would operate this or at least provide us with some instructions for us non-java-intelligent people?