Mandolane M3D only runs on Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or 10.5

I’m using a mid-2009 13-inch Macbook Pro. This week I upgraded from OSX 10.6 to 10.8.4 (Mountain Lion). I initially got the Java error, but solved that by ‘allowing any programme’ in the security settings, as suggested elsewhere on this forum.

Now I’m getting the ‘Mandolane M3D only runs on Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or 10.5 (Leopard).’ error. When I click ‘ok’ on this error report Vassal then crashes with an ‘Uncaught Exception’ report. I’m using Vassal 3.2.8.

I’ve tried searching for a solution to no avail. Anyone any ideas?

Don

Ah! I managed to solve this myself, so here’s the solution for any other Mac users upgrading to Mountain Lion that experience the same problem:

1. Download the Mandolane installer/ uninstaller from here:

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/attachments/rew-forum/40621d1361024044-rew-os-x-48k-vs-44-1k-mandolaneinstallv4_00.zip

1. Open the installer and follow along until you get to the screen that allows you to customise your installation.

2. Deselect all selected options, and select the option to ‘remove’ Mandolane.

3. Continue with the (de)installation normally until the installer informs you the process is complete.

4. Enjoy Vassal :slight_smile:

By the way, Mandolane is a small utility that allows earlier versions of Java to function properly with MIDI, amongst other things. I believe that it is not compatible with Lion or Mountain Lion, and anyway is unnecessary with later versions of Java, and so you will not miss anything by uninstalling it.

Thus spake yangtze:

Ah! I managed to solve this myself, so here’s the solution for any other
Mac users upgrading to Mountain Lion that experience the same problem:

1. Download the Mandolane installer/ uninstaller from here:

hometheatershack.com/forums/ … lv4_00.zip

1. Open the installer and follow along until you get to the screen that
    allows you to customise your installation.

2. Deselect all selected options, and select the option to ‘remove’
    Mandolane.

3. Continue with the (de)installation normally until the installer
    informs you the process is complete.

4. Enjoy Vassal :slight_smile:

I don’t understand what this is even about. What does Mandolane have
to do with VASSAL?

J.

I know no more than detailed in my first post. Some kind of conflict prevented Vassal from opening.