Map Replacement

I want to replace the old maps in the Lock 'n Load (Vietnam) module with the newer maps for my own personal use. I followed the instructions that I found here on this forum under “Vassal 40k importing terrain from other games”.

I’ve only tried to replace one of the maps to be sure that it would work. As directed, I made sure the new map has the same name, is in the same format (gif), and the same size and pixels as the old map. The only thing that is different between the 2 maps is the image file size (new 1.2 mb, old 1.4 mb). After replacing the old map art with the new, I then zipped the entire file again and then changed the file extension from .zip to .vmod as the instructions directed.

But every time I try to open the revised mod in Vassal I get the error message that it “is not a valid VASSAL module” and it does not open. So what am I doing wrong? Is it because I am trying to make the change using a Mac? I thought the directions for making this change were pretty easy and straightforward, and I can’t figure out where I am going wrong since I followed the directions exactly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thus spake raysnn:

I want to replace the old maps in the Lock 'n Load (Vietnam) module with
the newer maps for my own personal use. I followed the instructions that
I found here on this forum under “Vassal 40k importing terrain from
other games”.

I’ve only tried to replace one of the maps to be sure that it would
work. As directed, I made sure the new map has the same name, is in the
same format (gif), and the same size and pixels as the old map. The only
thing that is different between the 2 maps is the image file size (new
1.2 mb, old 1.4 mb). After replacing the old map art with the new, I
then zipped the entire file again and then changed the file extension
from .zip to .vmod as the instructions directed.

But every time I try to open the revised mod in Vassal I get the error
message that it “is not a valid VASSAL module” and it does not open. So
what am I doing wrong? Is it because I am trying to make the change
using a Mac? I thought the directions for making this change were pretty
easy and straightforward, and I can’t figure out where I am going wrong
since I followed the directions exactly.

Check the directory structure of the modified module. I’ll bet that
it’s not the same as the original.

J.

Thanks for your suggestion, but I think that I have figured it out. After having placed the new map in the Images folder, I needed to go into the Module Editor and point the specific board to my new map art, and that seems to have worked.