Map views links in peer-to-peer?

We are playing a 3 player game in peer-to-peer mode and see a strange behavior in the map view control. It seems that all players see the same map view (zoom, offset), So they end up fighting for control of the view when making their moves.

I’m not sure if this is a function of peer-to-peer mode or if view independence is controlled by the module. Does anyone know how to make the views independent?

Oh, and this is running 3.3.0 Beta 2, Win10, Java 13

Thus spake pixelpshr:

Oh, and this is running 3.3.0 Beta 2, Win10, Java 13

Definitely upgrade to 3.3.1, and let us know if it still happens.

(If the zoom is being sent over the wire, something is badly wrong.)

J.

One of the funniest bugs I’ve ever seen, maybe it’s part of the game? Whoever wins the fight for the view gets to play and win? :laughing:

I just pulled the 3.3.1 release from the repo. I’ll build and test tomorrow. (We might not have been using the zoom, I’ll check with the other players.)

I was wondering if it had something to do with the “Synchronize” step we used in the game set up. I need to look at that to see what it does.

You aren’t confusing this with the “Center on opponents’ moves” preference, are you? That can be set to “Always” as a module global option. This wouldn’t explain if one player is changing zoom and it’s changing for all, but might explain why others keep having their view jump around.

That may be the problem. We checked that setting and found that it was indeed set to “Always”. It is now cleared and we’ll check to see the results soon.