What’s new in Midway’64:

• Major overhaul of functionality
  • True double-blind operation with no referee
  • Automatic Searching
  • Automatic placement of markers on detected enemy ships
  • Automatic aging of previously detected enemy ship markers
  • Automatic removal of previously aged enemy ship markers
  • Private Carrier Management Boards
  • Operations Board manages “ready” state of each carrier / hidden Strike/CAP order writing
  • Graphical Overhaul
  • Procedures support Play by E-Mail (PBEM) or Live
  • Cheat mitigations
  • AA fire markers for Battle Board
  • New Sunk Board organization and display
  • Too many new elements to list
1 Like

This is an awesome module but we ran into a bit of a bug with the search counters and the search function.

What was it? Anybody who might look into it likely needs enough of a description to reproduce the problem.

Hello spothhb,
The only time I see this happen is when players are not using VassalEngine ver. 3.6.7.
Using a version behind will definitely not work.
Using a version ahead will very possibly not work.
Cheers,
Harald

Yes, we are using 3.6.9. Basically, when the night turn began the search counters greyed out but they did not return to “search” version once the daylight turns returned. I have the file if needed.

Yes, thanks for the tip.

This is resolved. The new Midway module v.2.2 should be posted in a couple days. It will be compatible with Vassal Engine v. 3.6.10.

1 Like

Midway’64 module v2.2, compatible with Vassal Engine v3.6.10 is now available on the Midway’64 module page.

1 Like

It looks like they broke it again in 3.7.5. When I bring up the search board, there are no counters. I find some generic markers on the marker board, but none of the blue counters for search…

I do see two buttons for ships and counters with the eye strikeout. Clicking them doesn’t reveal counters. (Not sure if that’s what they’re supposed to do, but I tried that.)

I just opened it up, and at first glance it looks OK.

Please open the “US Carriers” board and you should find all your pieces on that board.

Then retire to the IJN side and open the “IJN Carriers” board to see the IJN forces and search markers.

The opposite side units will always be invisible on the main map until they are discovered by recon.

Please let me know if you get it all sorted out.

Wow- thanks for the quick response!

My pleasure…I hope you enjoy the module. Feel free to message me if you run into any issues. Also, any feedback you may have after playing a game or two would be welcome.