NATO: The Cold War Goes Hot

Looking for an online opponent for NATO. Have played through solo BALTAP and 1988 Strategic Surprise (twice), so I have a decent grasp of the game rules.

Hello DXM,

I am interested in NATO and have a little bit of experience. Can you email me at fusilier9@hotmail.com and we can coordinate?

Thanks,

Dave

DXM, Fusilier,

This is Bruce Maxwell, the Designer for NATO. I would love to play either of both of you online. Please contact me at bruce@brucemaxwell.com to set up a game.

Regards - Bruce

Bruce - happy to play. I will warn you that I live (for the next few months) in Romania, so it won’t proceed as quickly as it might in other time zones. Also, I’ve played this game three times (the first against Fusiler), and while I’ve come close to winning once, my other performances were dismal, so while I hope I’ve figured some things out, I can’t guarantee anything!

Which side/what year would you propose?

David,

I suggest that you take the WP, because playing the NATO side is much harder. The scenario that gives the WP the best chance to win is either the War of Nerves, ’83 or the Strategic Surprise, ’83. Let’s play the Strategic Surprise Scenario, because it’s simpler. Given that you are in Romania, might you have some time to play next Saturday or Sunday (the 25th or 26th)? I can get online as early as 4:00 PM your time.

Regards, Bruce

Bruce S. Maxwell

Maxwell Consulting

Cell: (336) 302-2402

Hi Bruce - I could do both days from 04:00 until 06:00. Sorry for the time difference. Of course, I can find more time every weekend and since this would now be a thing, I could make sure my evenings are freer and play longer…

I assume we would use Skype to communicate - my handle is David Muniz and the “Skype Name” is :

live:.cid.70dfbcf9d8f0ded9

I have only played live on Vassal once before, so you’ll have to guide us through connecting on the server.

Let me know if this would work! I have a high-stress job but playing you in NATO is quite a challenge and an honor!

Best,

David Muniz

| VonMax
February 23 |

• | - |

David,

I suggest that you take the WP, because playing the NATO side is much harder. The scenario that gives the WP the best chance to win is either the War of Nerves, ’83 or the Strategic Surprise, ’83. Let’s play the Strategic Surprise Scenario, because it’s simpler. Given that you are in Romania, might you have some time to play next Saturday or Sunday (the 25th or 26th)? I can get online as early as 4:00 PM your time.

Regards, Bruce

Bruce S. Maxwell

Maxwell Consulting

David,

Let’s do 4:00 PM your time on Saturday then. Skype works. I have already sent you a Skype message.

Regards, Bruce

Bruce S. Maxwell

Maxwell Consulting

Bruce - hope you are well. Just let me know if you want to reengage on NATO this weekend. Best, DXM

| VonMax
February 23 |

• | - |

David,

Let’s do 4:00 PM your time on Saturday then. Skype works. I have already sent you a Skype message.

Regards, Bruce

Bruce S. Maxwell

Maxwell Consulting

David,

Vassal was blocking my messages because my signature line has a link in it. So I am not sure if you got my reply. But I would be happy to play NATO this weekend. What day and time works best for you?

No worries - I also used Skype to message as well. What is the earliest you could do? I have until 6:30 p.m. (11:30 est). Looking forward to it. Here’s wishing you the best on die rolls!

Having kept track of this thread since its beginning, I’m under the distinct impression that its participants do not know how to properly quote when answering someone’s previous post.

Quoting is as easy as highlighting the text you want to quote.

As it is right now, this thread is almost impossible to follow, which is unfortunate since one of the commenters is the game’s designer.

1 Like