New interactive user tutorial

Where is the new interactive user tutorial located?

BTW, thanks in advance!

:slightly_smiling_face:

What new interactive user tutorial? I wasn’t aware that there was such a thing.

uckelman
What new interactive user tutorial? I wasn’t aware that there was such a thing.

I saw it in the badges thing:

I also played through it in VASSAL but I don’t know if its certified or not?

But got no certificate, lol…

Those two things are completely unrelated. The badge is for completing the new user tutorial for the forum software. The tour is part of a Vassal.

Oh, so where is that forum software tutorial located?

Check your forum mailbox. There should be a message from @discobot.

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: We choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them. — Kahlil Gibran

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

@discobot start tutorial

@discobot start advanced tutorial

I too am curious about the new user tutorial for this forum. But when I clicked on the Discobot Greetings! link in my Notifications list, get sent to a page that says Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private. :slight_smile:

You should have received a message in your inbox inviting you to take the tutorial when you registered (or when we switched to the new forum, if you were already registered).

If you didn’t receive the message, you can send discobot a private message containing @discobot start tutorial, which should start the tutorial.

1 Like

It’s a little bit confusing, I ended up doing the advanced tut first and then figured out how to do the basic tut lol

1 Like