Newest vassal

I am having a problem with Vassal engine 3.5.5. The problem starts when I create a log file. This causes production numbers, builds, and research numbers to not reflect what the previous file had. Would you know what is causing this issue?

Ron

This is way too little detail to begin diagnosing your issue. I assume “production numbers, builds, and research numbers” refer to something in a module–which one? Is this happening when an opponent has sent you a file, you’ve played it back to completion, and start your own log? Are you confident you and the opponent have identical versions of the module? Do you witness these values changing on the screen as you begin a log?

I’d need to hear a lot more about what you’re doing, especially in terms of file handling and your process for viewing files received and then doing your own logging.

Thanks. The module is EoA Complete. I step thru a log file to the end. When prompted by Vassal to begin a log file, I do.
I play online with my opponent and I always begin a new logfile offline and then I get online. After online session, I get offline and then end logfile. I think in the previous files I have ended the log file while still online. I have production numbers in a table in EoA Complete. I noticed that when I begin a logfile, the production numbers in the table change. Say 15 to a 10 and so on.

Does this help?

Ron

Can you explain what EoA is an acronym for? Still not clear on what game this is for. Since you are logging while connected online to someone else, is there any chance they could simultaneously being doing things that change these values?

I do not think my opponent is doing anything with the vassal module on his end. At first, I would end the log file while still online. The last two time I was online I got offline and then ended the log file. I remember starting a log file then getting online. Would this matter.

EoA is for a global war game named Empires of Apocalypse designed by Udo Grebe of UGG… Carl Ise created the module many years ago. He then made several improvements with engine 3.50. He then made several more improvements and used engine 3.5.5. So the module of EoA has used several vassal engines.

I hope this helps.

Ron

I don’t find that here on our site. Would you post a link to where we may find this module?

Udo does not want to use vassal for his games. Can you go on dropbox?

Ron

I can get it from Dropbox if you send me a link, yes.

dropbox.com/preview/EoA/Emp … e=personal

Does this help?

Ron

This won’t be possible to troubleshoot without a log file demonstrating the problem. Post one if you still want help.