No text or numbers visible on counters module

I’m in the middle of PBEM game of Here I Stand when suddenly I am no longer to see any text or numbers on the counters. I have tried downloading the latest version of vassal, and redownloading the module version we are using. I have also tried downloading various module versions. Nothing seems to work. I am no longer able to see anything but the jpeg image on the counters, i.e., the “picture.” No text or numbers are visible. Suggestions? Thanks!

Please post your operating system and amount of RAM. If you have a 64-bit operating system, you need to install the 64-bit version of Java. Also, make sure the drivers for your graphics card are current if you are a Windows user. Finally, please post precisely which version of the module you are using. Never mix and match versions in the middle of a game unless you are creating a brand new saved game from scratch.

Hi! I’m running Mac OS X version 10.7.2. with 2GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 memory. I should have noted that all my other Vassal modules are working fine. It’s just a Here I Stand problem. I have reloaded Vassal and the correct version of Vassal for this particular game. I have tried running the latest module of the game with the latest version of Vassal and I have the same problem. I have also tried allocating various amounts of memory to the module and nothing seems to make a difference. Thanks!

Well, this almost certainly has something to do with the rendering of SVG (scalable vector graphics), if you are seeing the piece and images but not the text. I’m on MacOS 10.5.8 and don’t have this problem. There is a general VASSAL preference about disabling the Quartz renderer–is that box checked or unchecked in your preferences? Other than that I can only speculate what might be wrong.

Changing the JVM initial heap and maximum heap in the general preferences in Vassal did the trick. Thanks!