Not Updating Graphics

I’ve gotten to the point to where I’m doing some alpha playtesting on my TBK CCG and I noticed some strange behavior concerning graphics caching.

I have a Win 7 laptop that I do all my game editing on. I also have an XP system that I’ve used for playtesting by connecting the two systems.

Last time I connected the two computers together, I noticed that the XP system had missing features on a couple of the maps. To resolve this problem, I’ve had to remove the module from the module library (thereby removing the graphics cache) and reloading the module from scratch (thereby rebuilding the graphics cache) so that it now displays the proper map graphics.

It seems to me that, even though the name of the module file has not changed, Vassal should be able to detect changes in the module (especially since the version has been changed in the Module Properties) and therefore update the graphics cache for any graphics that have changed. But it doesn’t seem to be doing that and removing and reloading the module from scratch takes a considerable amount of time.

Thus spake DrNostromo:

It seems to me that, even though the name of the module file has not
changed, Vassal should be able to detect changes in the module
(especially since the version has been changed in the Module Properties)
and therefore update the graphics cache for any graphics that have
changed. But it doesn’t seem to be doing that and removing and reloading
the module from scratch takes a considerable amount of time.

There is code for checking whether images have been modified since
they were last tiled. That ought to be catching your modified images.

J.