oblique hex numbering

I need oblique hex numbering for an old AH module. I’ve seen the various development discussions regarding this issue, but the discussions that I have been able to find all seem to be from a developers viewpoint.

Are there any instructions on how a module developer can incorporate this capability into Vassal?

Here is a thread from January where I uploaded an implementation of Oblique hex numbering
[url]https://forum.vassalengine.org/t/oblique-hex-grid/3600/13]

Instructions are included

I have made some exhancements of this functionality over the past fortnight. Hopefully all of this will get included in V3.16.

Thus spake pgeerkens:

I have made some exhancements of this functionality over the past
fortnight. Hopefully all of this will get included in V3.16.

No new features in the 3.1 line, only bug fixes. This will go into 3.2.

J.

I got the numbering to work. (I was mistakenly adding a semicolon at the end of the class name when attempting to import it.)

The pieces, however, were no longer centered in the hexes. I turned on Vertices are valid locations, which then allowed me to place the pieces in the center of the hexes, though they now, obviously, could also be placed on vertices. However, for vertex placements, they are actually being placed, not on the vertex, but in the center of the hexside. I used both the HexGridX and HexGridNumberingX.

The grid lined up OK.

Partial false alarm. I accidentally had hexside as a legal location turned on.

However, even after correcting that, with no additional legal locations turned on, I still could not place pieces in the center of the hex. Turning on “Vertices are legal locations?” again allowed me to place pieces in the center of the hex, except that this time, the alternate placement WAS on the vertex, corresponding to the checkbox. (The map is 1776.)

I will check it out and get back to you.

I have found and corrected an inconsistency between the old Snap-To routines and the new HexGridNumbering. I should have a new package available in another day or two.

Sent you an example. Let me know if it is sufficient or not.