OCS - GB/CB

Hi

I am looking for an opponent for GB/CB campaign commencing Oct '41.
Happy to play either side.
PM me

Andrew

Aloha from Hawaii…
I’m still new to Vassel, but LOVE OCS…
are you willing work with me on how the process goes on an OCS PBEM game works?
maybe something a little smaller than GB/CB to start…lol

Hi

I am very happy to help you with VASSAL.
OCS plays very well on VASSAL. You don’t sit around for hours waiting for your opponent to finish his movement.

Typically, I start my turn, doing Refits & Reinforcements in a log file, which is then shared with the opponent.
The Movement phase is a matter of taste. When I play an experienced player, we Mask our units. This way the map looks like it would if you played FtF. I do not share my Movement phase log file except where die rolls are required - ie. the Breakout segment or Hipshoots and Overruns. I simply send a save file after Movement.
There is usually also a separate log file for the air barrages etc in the Barrage segment before Reaction.
If there is no Masking, then you may as well share the Movement log file.
The opponent then does his Reaction phase; again a save file unless there are die rolls.
I then do my Combat phase in a log file - the die rolls.
There might be a request for the opponent to resolve the combats as I may not know the strength and AR of the defending stacks.
The same modus operandi for the Movement phase applies to the Exploitation phase.

We have been playing like this for years and it works really well.

How experienced are you at OCS?
Do you play GB/CB?

Kind regards

Andrew

Aloha Andrew…
Thank You for the reply.
I’ve been playing OCS solo for around 3 years now…
I do not have GB/CB but have done 3 solo games of EatG …
I’ve several other titles of OCS games, but GB\CB are just too expensive at the moment,
of course, I’ve downloaded them on Vassel and dream of playing them someday…lol
I’m located in Hawaii, where are you located, may I ask?
would Love to try and meet live on Vassel, and have you talk me through how the above process works.
This coming week at work is most busy, but after that it settles down, to the point if our times match up, we might be able to meet on Vassel, if works for you?
Looking forward to your reply
brentley