opponents wanted

Having played most of the games on Vassal which I own I would like to try some which other people have. Anybody fancy a game of:
Bomber, Dawn patrol, Pacific war, PanzerBlitz/Panzerleader, Richtofens war, Scratch one flat top, Victory at Midway

I’d be interested in a PBEM game of PanzerBlitz/Panzer Leader.

Hello PLM,
Thanks for getting in touch.

I played Panzerblitz with a friend back in the 1980’s but can remember very little about the game other than the fact that I enjoyed it. I have the rules and am happy to play any scenario of PB/PL you like PBEM . If you have played it on vassal before it might be a good idea if you set up the game while I reread the rules and get the hang of the system.

regards
Bryan

Hi, buddy!

I’d really like to give Bomber/Pacific War a try. I played them very little by VASSAL (via mail), but they require a lot of interaction. I live in Italy so the time difference is minimal.
Do you use Skype? I do, and I can tell you that the non plus ultra for online wargaming experience.
You can get me there as:

cook_22gct

Hope to spend some good playing time over the Europe’s sky or in the endless space of the Pacific.
Greetings

Stefano Cuccurullo

Hi, buddy!

I’d really like to give Bomber/Pacific War a try. I played them very little by VASSAL (via mail), but they require a lot of interaction. I live in Italy so the time difference is minimal.
Do you use Skype? I do, and I can tell you that the non plus ultra for online wargaming experience.
You can get me there as:

cook_22gct

Hope to spend some good playing time over the Europe’s sky or in the endless space of the Pacific.
Greetings

Stefano Cuccurullo

Hello Stefano,
Good to hear from you. I have never played either game but understand they are both complex. That’s fine by me as I enjoy a game with lots of depth. I don’t have the rules for either game and the file on Boardgamegeek for Bomber is almost unreadable so unless you can supply me with a scan we have a problem. I have looked at buying them in the past but they are pretty expensive when they come up for sale.

I am an old fashioned sort of gamer so I prefer to play by email. That way I can play my move whenever Is convenient. For that reason I do not use Skype. Please let me know if this method is acceptable to you.

regards
Bryan

Ciao Bryan

It’s ok. But let me warn you that both of those games require a lot of interaction. So, be ready with sharing a large amount of emails.
Greetings

Stefano

P.S. I don’t own Bomber game either: we share the same Boardgamegeek rulebook file. Well, it’s not very readable but…Better than nothing…!
I tried to buy it as well: too much expensive, indeed.

Hello Stefano,
Let’s try Bomber and see how we get on. I can cope with any amount of emails so that shouldn’t be a problem. As you have played the game before do you want to set up a scenario on vassal and send me the log. By then I should have read the rule book and know what I am doing.

Regards
Bryan

Hi Bry,

would like to play Pacific War; am new to Vassal but have played wargames a lot since the late 70’s. Would prefer to start with some of the smaller scens in order to get to know Vassal before trying a campaign scenario though…

Lars W/ Dubai

Hello Lars,
Good to hear from you. I have taken on a few more games since I posted this message so although I would still like to try Pacific War I should warn you that my response time might be a bit slow at times. My other problem is that I don’t own the game and as far as I know the rules are not available online. I occasionaly look on EBay for PW but am always shocked by the price for second hand copies.

I have never played PW but like you I have been wargaming since the 1970s and I am very fond of naval games so have played most of the major ones. I am currently setting up a Flat Top game using Vassal with 2 other players so I think I could cope with PW.

Regards
Bryan

Great,

I will see if I can scan them for you. Have just bought a combined printer/ scanner. Suggest we then start with the simpler scenarios, in order to get a feeling for the game. Have played it as board game a couple of times (battle and campaign scens) but not the strategic scenario.

Will get back to you tomorrow if i succeed scanning the rules.

if you want another opponet, i am very interesting to plya by PBM to panzer blizt, i need to read again the rules.

greetings