Pin to Panel option

Would it be possible to add an option that let’s me pin Vassal to the panel of the desktop environment I’m using? That option isn’t there on a right-click.

I’m using ArcoLinux (Arch), currently with the 5.15.88-1-lts kernel.

My desktop environment is Cinnamon 5.6.6.

Let me know if you need any other information on this.

Cheers and thanks for all your hard work on this app.

I’m using Cinnamon 5.2 on Fedora 36 and I find no option for pinning anything. Where are you expecting to see this? Screenshots would be helpful.

Most apps on my DE will give you the option to pin them to the panel. Not all of them do. Here’s a screen shot of an app that I don’t keep on my panel showing the option to pin.

And here is one that I do keep, showing the option to unpin.

This is accessible from the right-click menu.

Maybe that was added after Cinnamon 5.2. I don’t see any Pin/Unpin options. I’ll check after I’ve upgraded to Fedora 37, where I might have a newer version of Cinnamon.

It’s not something we can control from Vassal, so far as I know.

I use Windows 11. I have Vassal pinned to the task bar on my computer. I did this in Windows 10 too. I think it has something to do with the desktop environment software.

Okay, that’s cool.

I thought it might have to do with the individual app, since some have the option to pin to panel and some don’t.

Thanks for chiming in though, guys.

I use KDE (Kubuntu) with LatteDock, and I also have the option to pin VASSAL, so I concur that it’s something specific to Cinnamon (maybe the fact that VASSAL is a Java application?).