Problems when saving module in Editor, in current "master"

So I’m having my “usual problems” with saving a module in the editor while I’m also “running it” (in the same editor).

But now instead of the “usual” semi-friendly warning about a write failure, I now get the “Vassal has had an internal error” flow. (see below)

Brian

2020-07-14 13:46:40,988 [0-AWT-EventQueue-0] ERROR VASSAL.tools.ProblemDialog - 
java.io.IOException: Unable to overwrite C:\Users\Brian Reynolds\Documents\Gaming & German Game Rules\Vassal\Paths_of_Glory_9.9.vmod:  Data written to C:\Users\Brian Reynolds\Documents\Gaming & German Game Rules\Vassal\tmp14745513480175458334.zip instead.
	at VASSAL.tools.io.ZipArchive.writeToDisk(ZipArchive.java:474)
	at VASSAL.tools.io.ZipArchive.flush(ZipArchive.java:366)
	at VASSAL.tools.ArchiveWriter.write(ArchiveWriter.java:233)
	at VASSAL.tools.ArchiveWriter.save(ArchiveWriter.java:224)
	at VASSAL.build.GameModule.save(GameModule.java:1040)
	at VASSAL.build.GameModule.save(GameModule.java:1019)
	at VASSAL.launch.ModuleEditorWindow$2.run(ModuleEditorWindow.java:104)
	at VASSAL.launch.EditorWindow.saver(EditorWindow.java:305)
	at VASSAL.launch.ModuleEditorWindow.save(ModuleEditorWindow.java:101)
	at VASSAL.launch.EditorWindow$2.actionPerformed(EditorWindow.java:186)

Could be the one that you already had and I intend to fix in github.com/vassalengine/vassal/pull/63, do you have some more of the stacktrace, somewhere down below there should be the actual “root” cause of the error. If it’s the FileUtils.forceDelete(archiveFile) from line 456 saying something like “could not delete, file not found” then it’s the same error and PR #63 should fix it.

Okay I foolishly did not save the rest of the stack trace. I’ll try again after PR63 merge.

These stacktraces are usually upside-down, they go

Error C
at x.y.z
at x.y.z
caused by: Error B which was the reason for Error C
at x.y.z
at x.y.z
caused by: Error A which was the reason for Error B

Error A would be the root cause and Errors B and C followup errors, Error A is the most interesting part of the stacktrace.