Problems with Vassal

Hi,

I’m trying to play a game of Russian Front on Vassal and I’m having trouble linking with my opponent.

When I start a game, he can’t see me in the room

When he starts a game, I can see him, but I can’t right click to highlight him (or anyone for that matter) so I can’t join his game.

I’ve tried the troubleshooting guide, and it appears that I’m doing everything that I should be doing

Anyhelp would be gratefully appreciated!

Model - Mesh Computers
OS - Vista Home Premium SP 2
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo 2.20 GHz
Memory - 2.00GB
Video - Nvidia Geforce 8400GS
Vassal - 3.1.14
Java - 1.60-18
Module - Russian Front 2.1.2

I had exactly the same problem with a friend yesterday trying to play an ocs game online.

Anyone has an idea on how to solve this ?

Thus spake gocus:

I had exactly the same problem with a friend yesterday trying to play an
ocs game online.

Anyone has an idea on how to solve this ?

Is it repeatable?

J.

yes

we spend one hour monday on it trying to start the korean ocs game

I can’t see him
He can see me, but is not able to right click on the game i create.

we havn’t tried another module.

Gui

Friend has a similar problem, while trying to play the Battlestar Galatica modules (FFG one) he can see me on the server (port 80) ok, but i cant see him he hass opened port 5050 etc but cant join any rooms that i create.

We tried peer to peer and were both able to join a game, and sync ourselves, but certain bits of his ui were mangled The characted sheet images were totally mangled, and he couldnt discard cards etc.

We thought it might be corrupt modules, so he downloaded them all again and the images are fine with just the standard game, but as soon as he adds either or all the modules the image gets screwed up.