Quarriors Revision

Ive been working on a visual remake of the Quarriors! mod that is currently available and am having some serious n00b issues that I would appreciate some help with. This is also the first time ever that Ive dabbled in making Vassal Modules.

Things Ive done so far

*gone through the Vassal Design Tut by GMTGames and learn what I can (some applies here, but not a lot)
*read the Vassal 3.1 Designers guide
*read other tut’s found from google searches
*read the module design faq
*read some threads in the forum

As of the latter Ive come to realize hacking my way through an already created module (which there is one for Quarriors!) is the best way to learn. However, I swear I am a total moron when it comes to any type of code. Simple or not as it may seem to others, it is just not my thing. I am a graphically inclined individual and will run circles around most when it comes to graphic manipulation, but code, ugh, not happening sadly. I have given it a serious try for the past 4 days now and am just not getting it.

What Im trying to do and have done thus far

*make a more visually appealing version using the actual game art (Ive emalied the (c) owners for permission and am waiting an official response currently)

• Start from scratch and completely remake the mod (proved to difficult with my lack of knowledge)
    *Incorporate the art files into the existing Quarriors Mod v03j
    *Trial and error edit the 03j mod to fit my needs

I am currently at a roadblock and could use help!

Ive been able to design a play mat for the card layout that works with the 03j mod. I was able to relocate the “irregular grid” regions to fit and function with the new play mat, but when I try to replace the images for the cards I run into problems. The original mod has a “get 1 die” button that I would like to keep for its functionality, but I need to relocate it for aesthetics so it sits in a more convenient spot on the card image.

Here are some images for reference

I moved it by editing the “layer - Button get1die” within the Card [Definition] in the [Game Piece Prototype Definitions] folder. as seen below I changed the offset. The original settings were -30,20.

The problem Im experiencing is that once i change the offset to my new coordinates of 55,-10 I lose the buttons functionality to “get 1 die” in any of the players boards (i.e. testing as player 1 the die no longer shows up in the used pile). I thought maybe the markers (left side of the above image) with the html code had something to do with it, but all hell broke loose when I started messin with those.

Any help would be appreciated!
Super n00b who’s super stuck :blush:

Thus spake tof3r:

The problem Im experiencing is that once i change the offset to my new
coordinates of 55,-10 I lose the buttons functionality to “get 1 die” in
any of the players boards (i.e. testing as player 1 the die no longer
shows up in the used pile).

• Have you verified that the new coordinates are where you expect them
    to be on the card?

• Changing piece prototypes and pieces in the tray doesn’t change pieces
    which existed in a saved game or pre-defined setup before you made your
    change. That might be your problem.