Recover files in a CyberBoard module to use with VASSAL

Hello,

A question to recover counters eventually player aids in a CyberBoard module different than VASSAL no possible to use ZIP to have elements ! and i arrive to recover only maps because i can save directly with CyberBoard but not other elements have you one idea please ?

Hi,

I do have a tool than can extract the images from a Cyberboard module if you send me a link to it.

Have you asked the Cyberboard module developer for permission to re-use their artwork?

Regards.

Thank you :slight_smile: great !

The module i have uploaded on ATO web site for this game Kesselschlacht: Ukraine Spring 1944 | Board Game | BoardGameGeek
but i don’t have link because dead link for the site where they are the modules …and it is enough recent
Here normaly where they are all the modules ! http://loakes.game-host.org/limeyyankgames/

It is for personnal use and no personnal artwork but i have a Dropbox if us can do

Is this the gamebox?

http://limeyyankgames.co.uk/cyberboard/kesselschlacht

Yep but one error for the link ! sorry :slight_smile:

I have a partially built CB converter tool that I was able to extract the images from some gameboxes I tried it on. Unfortunately, this gamebox is using some features I haven’t catered for yet. so it is crashing.

I’m sorry to say, I can’t help you at this time. It is something I plan to get back to, but have too many other things on my plate at the moment.

Regards,
Brent.

Are you trying to get all the images? Just the tile images? If what you’re after is just the tiles, I have some Perl scripts somewhere that can extract those:

You can write out GTL files from Cyberboard, and then gtl2png.pl will dump those to PNGs.

I have recovered in the module with ZIP player aid and counters don’t interest me they don’t have exact identification as in the game so i cut originals.

And i have save directly the map so i continue and thank you again :slight_smile:

I have a similar situation, so I tried to run your script in Strawberry, but it seems I don’t have Image::Magick set up properly for it. Any suggestions?

We can’t help without more details. How do you know you don’t have Image::Magick set up properly? What exactly did you try? Were there error messages? If so, what were they?

I installed Strawberry 5.32.1.1 64bit in Windows 10, then ran ImageMagick-7.1.0-40-Q16-HDRI-x64-dll.exe, specifically checking

Add application directory to your system path
Install development headers and libraries for C and C++

When running gtl2png.pl in Strawberry I get:

Can't locate Image/Magick.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Image:Magick module) (@INC contains: G:/Stawberry/perl/site/lib G:/Strawberry/per/vendor/lib G:/Strawberry/per/lib) at gtl2png.pl line 60.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at gtl2png.pl line 60.

I’ve tried the installation both with and without checking “Install PerlMagick for Strawberry Perl 5.20” (since it’s not the same version)

I’m a computer technician, but not a programmer, so I’m somewhat out of my element here.

I don’t know anything about Strawberry.

The error message you’re seeing is from Perl, and it’s telling you that Perl can’t find the Image:Magick module.

I would check two things:

• Does the ImageMagick pacakge you installed contain the Perl module for ImageMagick, or is there an additional package for the Perl module? If so, you must also install that.
  • If you have the Perl module installed, was it installed to one of the paths listed in the error message?