Reference Manual Update

For the “Report Action” entry in the reference manual, I suggest adding a sentence (equivalent to exiting entry) for the greater than symbol and use of >

IMPORTANT: When HTML is enabled in the chat log, it is important to remember that the < character will be interpreted as the beginning of an HTML tag,

1 Like

We made this change in 3.6.8.

Reference Manual quote:
> IMPORTANT: When HTML is enabled in the chat log, it is important to remember that the < character will be interpreted as the beginning of an HTML tag, rather than simply displaying a “less than” or “left angle bracket” symbol. Thus, modules which use the < symbol to indicate “less than” or to “draw an arrow” or enclose a username, etc., will need to have those instances changed to &lt; (the HTML escape code which causes a literal < character to be printed). Otherwise, you may experience odd behaviors such as chat log messages failing to appear (or seeming to be delayed until the next chat message is printed).

I was pointing out that the reference manual should have an equivalent entry for the greater than symbol.

Suggest insert:
Similarly the > symbol to indicate “greater than”, will need to have those instances changed to &gt;

1 Like

Is that really true, though?

Is it a good idea to mix usage?

Also, for non-HTML people it provides the equivalent escaped expression in a co-located location.

Anyway, just my thoughts FWIW.

1 Like