One thing I have found myself doing a few times is updating a saved game to a new version of the module using the following “kludge.”
- Add new “Predefined Setup” with the saved game I want to update to new module version.
- Run Refresh Predefined Setups
- Save module
- Launch Module
- Start New game w/ the “predefined setup” of the old save game
- Save the game, exit the module
- Re-edit the module to delete the setup that was only inserted to update a saved game
It would be great if the existing functionality could be extended to allow a saved game to be specified and updated without having to go thru the kludge of making a temp/fake predefined setup, run the tool, etc.