Remaining 3.2 issues

I’d like to get a 3.2 beta out before the new year. All the excitement of having a baby, then moving house, has left me a unclear on what’s left to be done. What’s left?

I believe that the ASL module build is broken because of the latest changes in 3.2. The latest one has some methods removed as noted in my other thread. I was able to “fix” most of them except the setSnapScale method that was taken out in the latest. I have no idea yet what that snapScale variable is for. I suppose only ASL module uses it? If not, how are other modules handling the missing setSnapScale method?

As to the other problem (image not found) that I haven’t been able to look into until fairly recently because of the above changes, I think I may have some new clue to follow it up.

Lance

I noticed that if I select board 2, for example, to set up a new VASL game, instead of trying to grab board 2 from the directory I entered in the GUI, the code in 3.2 will think that it is a tile and call up getTile in ImageTileDiskCache.java to grab the “tile” from VASSAL\tiles(guid) folder to grab tile with the name of “02”. And then an exception will come up when it returns. I don’t think those VASL boards are cached there; probably not even those “counters” zipped inside the VASL.mod, right? I haven’t been able to figure out yet why 3.2 thinks that VASL wants tile 02 instead of board 2.

Has this issue been cleared up?

It exists in 3.1.17 and 3.2

Flaney

On Nov 12th, I reported the following issue with build VASSAL-3.2.0-svn8015-windows.exe
https://forum.vassalengine.org/t/3-2-roundup/4393/27

I am using an unpublished module of my own creation that I can make available if necessary.
The module works with this build: VASSAL-3.2.0-svn7890-windows.exe

-Mark R.

I also have this issue in a module I am building. I am still using VASSAL-3.2.0-svn7890 instead of the newest one because of this problem.

Vassal 3.2svn8015

Minor issue …more of an annoyance.

The “Cancel” button on the Tiling Images dialogue box doesn’t work properly.

I accidentally selected an older version of TBK to edit. The Tiling Graphics box appeared and I hit cancel. It stopped for about 3 seconds then restarted tiling. Hit it again and it stopped for about 30 seconds and restarted. After it finished tiling, the module never appeared …sort of left Vassal in limbo. It may have appeared if I left it alone long enough but I got tired of waiting for it and shut Vassal down.

PS. I also noticed that if I just change the version information, Vassal will re-tile the graphics the next time I open it. Apparently, it’s tied into the version information and re-tiles the mod if that changes even though it’s same file I just saved.

Thus spake DrNostromo:

Vassal 3.2svn8015

The “Cancel” button on the Tiling Images dialogue box doesn’t work
properly.

This is something I’ll look into once I’m home.

PS. I also noticed that if I just change the version information, Vassal
will re-tile the graphics the next time I open it. Apparently, it’s tied
into the version information and re-tiles the mod if that changes even
though it’s same file I just saved.

This is intentional—it saves you from having a stale image cache.

Regarding remaining problems:

1. Please put them in the bug tracker with the milestone set to 3.2.

2. Is anyone waiting on me for anything at this point?

J.

I’m home and nearly dug out now. I should be able to do some work on 3.2 on Sunday.

Thus spake DrNostromo:

[This message has been edited.]

Vassal 3.2svn8015

properly.

I accidentally selected an older version of TBK to edit. The Tiling
Graphics box appeared and I hit cancel. It stopped for about 3 seconds
then restarted tiling. Hit it again and it stopped for about 30 seconds
and restarted. After it finished tiling, the module never appeared
…sort of left Vassal in limbo. It may have appeared if I left it alone
long enough but I got tired of waiting for it and shut Vassal down.

This is Bug 4228.

J.

Thus spake DrNostromo:

Vassal 3.2svn8015

properly.

I accidentally selected an older version of TBK to edit. The Tiling
Graphics box appeared and I hit cancel. It stopped for about 3 seconds
then restarted tiling. Hit it again and it stopped for about 30 seconds
and restarted. After it finished tiling, the module never appeared
…sort of left Vassal in limbo. It may have appeared if I left it alone
long enough but I got tired of waiting for it and shut Vassal down.

I can’t reproduce this. Does this happen for you with every module?

J.