Request : context menu to move deck to MORE THEN one place

Playing Star Wars Epic Duels
It would be nice to be able to add more than one location to send a deck to. Right now a deck can have a context menu to move it to another deck
however there is no way to have multiple destinations. It would be nice to have a submenu or just multiple context menus that can be set up to allow a deck to be sent to different locations.

Example, the game has decks the user can choose to “send to table”. Either a sub context menu to allow which player’s deck to send it to, OR simply a property on the deck that allows multiple options for this. So the context menu would be “Send to Player 1”, “Send to Player 2”, and so on.

I have added

RFE [2813698] Context menu to move deck to more than one place

for this.

This is a good idea. The Send to Deck option needs to be broken out of the core deck code and added as a sub-component, similiar to the way Deck Global Key Commands work.

B.

That make a whole lot more sense!!! I went looking through the code and was trying to find out how to elegantly add it. It was turning into a mess to say the least. I will take another pass through the code to see if I can do this myself. I assume it would be an easy task for you? (along with the 1000 other tasks that are on your plate)
Anything to look out for as I attempt to make this change? Any basic design that would work the best? I was going to basically duplicate the Global Key command except with different options. What seems more elegant would be a sub menu that would be “Send to …” and then a child context menu that had the list of decks. Is that doable with this current code base?

*********** REPLY SEPARATOR ***********

On 29/06/2009 at 9:13 PM vbbartlett wrote:

The big problem is going to be backward compatibility. Easiest way would be to leave the existing ‘Send to’ stuff as is, but add the extra child sent-to’s.

That is a good way to get started. Follow the same pattern and record the child send-to’s in the dummy deck, then just use them to build additional KeyCommands in Deck.myGetKeyCommand().

Could be tricky. Deck just generated KeyCommands, I’m not sure where the menu is actually built.

B.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)