Reshuffle Hot-Key not taking

Platform: MacOS 10.15.5, MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016)
Vassal: 3.3.1 (and earlier)
Module: Command & Colors Napoleonic v3.42

The module uses a duplicate hot key to reshuffle the discards for both the decks that the game can deploy. I think this is an error. Pressing the hot-key (ALT CTRL SHIFT L, as it happens) shuffles only one of the decks. However, selecting the drop-down command does reshuffle the deck from which the drop-down command is selected.

Now for the apparent bug, if I edit one of the discard deck properties and change the hot-key to say, ALT CTRL SHIFT K, save and restart the module, the drop-down menu does not change - still ALT CTRL SHIFT L on both decks. And yet, the property shows the new hot-key on one of the decks. That new hot-key does not work, though the drop-down menu option still works.

Looking into the buildFile after my change shows reshuffleHotkey=“75,715” and reshuffleHotkey=“76,715” within the definition of the respective discard decks. buildFile code segment below for each pair of draw deck and its discard deck.

<VASSAL.build.module.map.DrawPile allowMultiple="false" allowSelect="false" canSave="false" color="238,238,238" countExpressions="" draw="true" drawFaceUp="false" emptyHotkey="" expressionCounting="false" faceDown="Always" faceDownFormat="" height="200" hotkeyOnEmpty="false" maxStack="10" name="Draw Deck" owningBoard="Side Board" reshufflable="true" reshuffleCommand="" reshuffleHotkey="122,520" reshuffleMessage="" reshuffleTarget="Discard Pile" restrictExpression="Cardtype = NONE" restrictOption="true" reverseCommand="Reverse" reverseFormat="" reverseHotkey="" reversible="false" selectDisplayProperty="$BasicName$" selectSortProperty="" shuffle="Always" shuffleCommand="Shuffle" shuffleFormat="" shuffleHotkey="" width="170" x="85" y="433"/> <VASSAL.build.module.map.DrawPile allowMultiple="false" allowSelect="true" canSave="false" color="238,238,238" countExpressions="" draw="true" drawFaceUp="false" emptyHotkey="" expressionCounting="false" faceDown="Never" faceDownFormat="" height="200" hotkeyOnEmpty="false" maxStack="10" name="Discard Pile" owningBoard="Side Board" reshufflable="true" reshuffleCommand="Reshuffle into Command Card draw deck" reshuffleHotkey="76,715" reshuffleMessage="$PlayerId$ reshuffles discard pile into draw deck. *" reshuffleTarget="Draw Deck" restrictExpression="Cardtype = NONE" restrictOption="true" reverseCommand="Reverse" reverseFormat="" reverseHotkey="" reversible="false" selectDisplayProperty="$BasicName$" selectSortProperty="" shuffle="Never" shuffleCommand="Shuffle" shuffleFormat="$playerName$ reshuffles Discard Pile into Draw Deck. *" shuffleHotkey="" width="170" x="290" y="433"/> <VASSAL.build.module.map.DrawPile allowMultiple="false" allowSelect="false" canSave="false" color="238,238,238" countExpressions="" draw="true" drawFaceUp="false" emptyHotkey="" expressionCounting="false" faceDown="Always" faceDownFormat="" height="200" hotkeyOnEmpty="false" maxStack="10" name="Tactic Draw Deck" owningBoard="Side Board" reshufflable="true" reshuffleCommand="" reshuffleHotkey="123,520" reshuffleMessage="" reshuffleTarget="Tactic Discard Pile" restrictExpression="Cardtype = NONE" restrictOption="true" reverseCommand="Reverse" reverseFormat="" reverseHotkey="" reversible="false" selectDisplayProperty="$BasicName$" selectSortProperty="" shuffle="Always" shuffleCommand="Shuffle" shuffleFormat="" shuffleHotkey="" width="170" x="600" y="433"/> <VASSAL.build.module.map.DrawPile allowMultiple="false" allowSelect="true" canSave="false" color="238,238,238" countExpressions="" draw="true" drawFaceUp="false" emptyHotkey="" expressionCounting="false" faceDown="Never" faceDownFormat="" height="200" hotkeyOnEmpty="false" maxStack="10" name="Tactic Discard Pile" owningBoard="Side Board" reshufflable="true" reshuffleCommand="Reshuffle into Tactician Card draw deck" reshuffleHotkey="76,715" reshuffleMessage="$PlayerId$ reshuffles discard pile into Tactician draw deck. *" reshuffleTarget="Tactic Draw Deck" restrictExpression="Cardtype = NONE" restrictOption="true" reverseCommand="Reverse" reverseFormat="" reverseHotkey="" reversible="false" selectDisplayProperty="$BasicName$" selectSortProperty="" shuffle="Never" shuffleCommand="Shuffle" shuffleFormat="$playerName$ reshuffles Discard Pile into Draw Deck. *" shuffleHotkey="" width="170" x="800" y="433"/>

OK, now I have just realised that Decks are like At-Start Stacks in that I don’t think there is a way to update them automatically in a pre-defined set-up in the the same way that Counters are refreshed to apply changes from an edit to a module. That is to say, the changes that I am doing to the Decks only manifest when I do a New Set-Up rather than open a pre-defined scenario, despite a refresh in both cases.

So, considering that I am working on a module that has 100+ predefined set-ups, is there any way that I can apply changes to a Deck’s properties and have them propagate easily to the predefined set-ups?

Hopeful.

I use Global Key Commands that I hide on exotic keystrokes like e.g. Ctrl+Alt+Shift+3 to set up 1863 scenario. Some of them take 3 minutes to run, but I’m the only one who ever has to run them – they get everybody positioned (including, for example, 1862 cards being pulled out of the deck for 1863 start) and then I just save out the pre-defined scenario.

Thanks Brian, I’ll consider using that idea, perhaps with continuation files which was another idea I was coming round to.

I wonder if the one-time use GKCs can be hived off to an extension so as not to clutter up the main module? (disclaimer- I have yet to look much into how extensions work, so this idea might be nonsense).