Right Click Made Easy

Currently when you right click you get a context menu you get a list the shows keybinds to perform an action. If you could have a floating window that would show this list (and the keybinds) and be continually clickable, without ever needed to go to the right click, that would be awesome.

The right click menu is potentially different for each piece/stack. The reason you have to right-click is to indicate which piece/stack you mean.

2009/4/26 SailorCharon <messages@forums.vassalengine.org (messages@forums.vassalengine.org)>

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

There is some global state of ‘what is selected’ though, in theory (not familiar with Vassal’s code structure and not comfortable enough with windowing in Java to want to try this on my own) you should be able to dispatch an event on selection changes and have this window pick it up and update it’s menu.

Technically, you’re correct, but I fail to see the advantage. You either left click to select or right click to select AND get the menu.

I think I understand what you’re saying though. However, what VASSAL is doing now is standard GUI behaviour.

• M.

2009/4/26 SailorCharon <messages@forums.vassalengine.org (messages@forums.vassalengine.org)>

Michael Kiefte, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
School of Human Communication Disorders
Dalhousie University
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
tel: +1 902 494 5150
fax: +1 902 494 5151

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)