Rotating a piece to preset fixed directions

Hi All,
I have been trying to get a group of Pieces rotate to 6 fixed directions and ONLY those directions (90, 135, 180, 225, 270 & 360 degrees). Because I find Vassal baffling for the most part, I tried using a Rotate trait for each angle with an entry for each in the Right-click menu. The problem is that the changes in angle are incremental, for example, if I was to rotate the Piece to 270 degrees, then back to 90 degrees, the Piece would be facing 180 (270 - 90) instead of the actual 90 degrees (or East if you consider the top of the board to be North). At the ripe old age of 59, I don’t believe I will live long enough to complete this module, my time is limited to Weekends ATM and whatever I try rarely works the first time requiring a full day to achieve success (if at all).

The best way I can think of to handle that is to set up a Can Rotate trait with 8 possible facings, and use a Trigger Action with an expression to automatically select the next (or previous) setting if one of the 2 “illegal” facings is selected…but since you hate expressions…

1 Like