Security exception.

Anyone know what this is?

-- OS Windows Vista -- Java version 1.6.0_03 -- VASSAL version 3.0.17 -- OCS - Tunisia version 3.2 java.lang.SecurityException: class "org.netbeans.api.wizard.displayer.NavButtonManager"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package at java.lang.ClassLoader.checkCerts(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.preDefineClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source) at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source) at org.netbeans.api.wizard.displayer.WizardDisplayerImpl.createOuterPanel(WizardDisplayerImpl.java:197) at org.netbeans.api.wizard.displayer.WizardDisplayerImpl.show(WizardDisplayerImpl.java:260) at org.netbeans.api.wizard.WizardDisplayer.showWizard(WizardDisplayer.java:107) at VASSAL.build.module.WizardSupport.showWelcomeWizard(WizardSupport.java:150) at VASSAL.launch.Main.launch(Main.java:165) at VASSAL.launch.Main.extractResourcesAndLaunch(Main.java:79) at VASSAL.launch.Main$1$1.run(Main.java:64) at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Ignore that problem please, I ended up resolving it (accidentally, just don’t ask me how!).

I’m starting to remember why I didn’t choose a career as a software developer. I started digging around for Splash images and find no less than 3 of them in the trunk! So I photoshop them all down to half-size and save everything to Vengine.jar. No problem right? Wrong! I start Vassal, and I STILL see the large splash appearing. After a good 45 minutes of trying to figure this out, I stumble across yet ANOTHER splash.png in docs.jar. No less than 3 images sitting around doing nothing except confusing developers.

Permission to jump overboard sir! :cry: :slight_smile:

Thus spake “bsmith”:

Only vaguely. The class that’s failing to load is one of those which
produce the Wizard. I think these classes are signed, so if you edit
them the probability that you’ll have changed the file hash is close
to 1.

J.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)