Simultaneous turns?

Is it possible to have both sides move their pieces at the same time and then reveal their moves? This would kind of be like diplomacy. I am looking at the Diplomacy module to see how they do it but I was curious as to anyone else s opinions.

I’m actually working on a module with this feature. The cardboard version of the game has simultaneous pre-planned moves, a lot like Diplomacy but more detailed.

In the Vassal version, each player’s pieces will have the Invisible trait. They will hide their pieces with a Global Key Command, move them invisibly, and then reveal their pieces again (probably with the same GKC). It’s a lot quicker than plotting out moves.

But they will disappear again in between moves. How do you let the opponent see the last known location?

One possibility is to let each piece add an invisible marker which is a copy of the original and which can be moved. Then, in response to a trigger, the original piece is deleted and the marker becomes visible.

• M.

On 2011-02-07, at 3:37 AM, mycenae ed@crucible.cc wrote:

I’m actually working on a module with this feature. The cardboard
version of the game has simultaneous pre-planned moves, a lot like
Diplomacy but more detailed.

In the Vassal version, each player’s pieces will have the Invisible
trait. They will hide their pieces with a Global Key Command, move them
invisibly, and then reveal their pieces again (probably with the same
GKC). It’s a lot quicker than plotting out moves.

Read this topic online here:
Simultaneous turns? - #2 by mycenae

messages mailing list
messages@vassalengine.org
vassalengine.org/mailman/listinfo/messages

Good suggestion, Michael. That actually will make it much easier to check and verify the moves, after all the pieces are revealed.