Sound played once when moving multiple Pieces

When a Piece is configured to play a sound (when moving for example), when one piece moves no problem. If a number of pieces that can play a sound are selected then sent to a part of the Map using a Send To Location or other, the sound effect is multiplied by the number of pieces selected and does not sound good at all. Is it possible that Vassal could be configured to play a required sound once only - regardless how many simultaneous Commands are sent - when multiple pieces are activated? Been discussing how to do this using the existing Traits and components in Vassal here but so far no joy.

Darren

Coincidentally, there’s something more general but relevant in the pipeline that might make v3.8.

@Cattlesquat has outlined some changes which are equivalent to the code you are working but as a generic Vassal feature that doesn’t require you to count selected pieces, nor keep track yourself of the pieces actioned so far.

The details are on GitHub here and you can see the concept being refined with @Brent_Easton. If this makes it to v3.8, then maybe your request could be realised too, as Vassal could use the feature to control the Play Sound (and Report Action) traits, at trait level - similar to how a GKC does already. However, this complication might be unnecessary, because any module developer would easily be able to do the same using conditional expressions.

1 Like

I understood about half of it :slightly_smiling_face:. From what I can see, Brent is adding more Vassal Properties that might be useful in my case and also that they may already exist in this current version?

Darren

Pretty much but I don’t think the change has been merged into current Vassal as yet.

Not yet. This is the actual PR based on the original idea but with different property names. I’m replying in your original post with a working demo for current Vassal.

1 Like