text label with pieceName? and other questions...

First, the incorrect version as I typed above, then realizing you had to do =~ to access the regular expressions, I did that, with great fanfare and hope…

However… no joy, same result either way, per the description above

here is a cut-and-paste of the exact entry just in case I am glossing over something sgnificant

Unit Color = Yellow && Unit Type =~ AE | AL | AX | BI

the above does not work, the following exact entry does work

Unit Color = Yellow && Unit Type = BC

but obviously I need something more akin to the scope I can get out of the first of these, or I need to try another way if there is not a way to make that work

Are those spaces in there for a reason? Is the code stored in the DP ’ AE '? If not, then you need to remove the spaces.

Spaces are a valid characters in Property Expressions, you cannot add additional spaces in that do not match the actual values of the properties you are comparing.

B.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

Bingo.
Funny because when not using =~ spaces are just fine, in fact to make it work I still left it at

Unit Color = Yellow && Unit Type=~AE|AL|AX|BI

so there are spaces in the expression to the left of the &&
but good now I know and I learned something and… it works!

BIG THANKS BRENT!

now, what is left on the near-term list…

1. Prevent more pieces from being dragged out of the palette after the scenario design lock is in place
  2. Fix the module bug where stack two units and then rotate them the stacking order changes, rotate again and it changes again
  3. Copy/complete the DP-Layer mechanisms for the remaining unit types
  4. Start adding the charts and whatever needs to be done to the die roller if anything
  5. Plunk down some pieces and start testing
  1. Add unit class layer levels for artillery (both sides) and classless, and tie art levels to the BL|LA|HA pieces and classless to the CH|EL|VF

vmod on website is updated with all the unit types added, but since the above is not done yet if I set to an artillery or classless type I rekon it will not update the stripes layer until I change to an already-supported type (inf or cav).

Question Re ‘1’ quoted above: Is ‘Hidden’ a global property of the piece palette and if so can I set it on my lock command with a trigger action? Failing that is there another way to access Palette ‘Hidden’ (perhaps under another name)?

Question Re ‘2’ quoted above: This one has me bamboozled again! Is there a bizarre thing with the order of my rotate trait or something? I have no idea on this and if someone recognizes this problem I would sure appreciate a note so I can have another Eureka moment.

Overall less important comment: some module editor windows (in the release version at least) need vertical scroll bars badly, and I hope dearly that the feature request for key-less commands is implemented soon, although iirc there was a concern how this might affect existing modules of great import? commands with params, now that would be nice…

(fyi there are some numeric dp-labels that I need to add yet… like leader units which have nothing on them and a couple items still on the combat units, but I am handling that pretty well so far based on past experience trying to kludge stuff)

Hi there, i am modifying the Valor & Victory module, i want to include in the pieces a “text label” trait to identify the different units, but even i put this trait in the correspondent game piece prototype definition, doesnt appear the label option once i enter in the game and click right over the piece, i try to put the trait “text label” also directly in the unit traits without any result, the pieces continue without giving me the option to write the “text label.”

This module, when you pass the mouse over one unit, appears a label with the hex in which the unit is and the kind of unit, i erase this in the mapboards and mouse over stack wiever options to see if this was the reason why “text label” trait doesnt works, but my surprise was that event i erase the label of the location and kind of unit continue appearing.

Maybe is there an activated option that is not allowing to put text labels to the units?

I really dont know what to do now, is there any one that can help me please?

Thanks in advance and best regards!!!