This Hallowed Ground - How to edit in a few counters?

I have never created or edited a Vassal module before. I’m playing THG on Vassal now, and have discovered there are no Out of Ammo counters - these would normally be on the back of the Low Ammo counters.

I opened the module editor, looked at the available documentation - which is absolutely minimal for us non-programmer types - and gave up - I wanted to just make an Out of Ammo counter.

Can anyone tell me how to do this - step by step please, since I know NOTHING about the module editor?

Hey Mark.

Which version of the module do you have? I thought I fixed this problem recently, you may want to check.

I got the newest version, and it does fix the problem. Thanks!

I am a bit confused by the numbering system for the counters in the new version - it’s pretty hard to find the one your are looking for.

This is the way it was desired by the person who requested I make the module. I actually had him do the counter-naming. Would you suggest a different ordering or naming or both?

Personally, I preferred the counter naming in the first version of the module. I could scoll down the list and find the unit I was looking for. The new version just has a number, and I have no “list” that tells me what units go with what numbers.

Actually Mark, I just checked the module and you’re right; This is some sort of new bug in the module with newer Vassal. I’ll get it fixed asap.

Mark I just uploaded version 1.2 which hopefully brings back the counter names!

Thank you! That did the trick!

On Apr 11, 2009, at 9:02 AM, markacres wrote:

I haven’t had a chance to look at that particular module, but have
you tried flipping over the Low Ammo counters? Maybe they have the
Out of Ammo counters on the back. Is there a flip command when you
right-click (or for a single-button Mac mouse, control-click) on the
Low Ammo counter?

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)